So, when is iTunes Store coming to the rest of the world?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by globalist, Feb 5, 2010.

1. globalist macrumors 6502a

Sure they cannot keep it to the U.S. forever, can they?

2. jackool macrumors newbie

No, they can't,at least not in my eye. Some of them enjoyed free download and have serious piracy issues.

3. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

4. globalist thread starter macrumors 6502a

I know it's also for the UK and maybe a couple of others, but what about the rest of the world? Don't they like our monies?

5. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

I count 77 iTunes Stores.

6. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

It's not Apple in many cases, it's copyright laws from an individual country. And sometimes, politics plays a part as well.

Blame the lawyers first then contact your lawmakers and ask them why there's not a store in your country.

7. globalist thread starter macrumors 6502a

Do you mean App Stores? Because iTunes content - music, movies, shows, etc. - is not accessible without a US creditcard.

8. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

No, iTunes Stores. In Portugal we have music as well so it's not just the U.S. and the U.K.

EDIT: I just tried the stores for 3 more countries and they had music as well.

9. Eldritch macrumors newbie

In Sweden we have music and apps. We don't get movies, TV-shows etc, and I think they even removed music videos. We'd love to get all the content though but it seems that Apple and/or whatever controls the copyrights doesn't want us to spend any money on it...

When the iPad gets released, we won't be getting iBooks either. A shame since I would spend a lot of money on it if the content were available.

10. kimnkk macrumors member

kimnkk

lol please try not to perpetrate a certain stereotype (hint: it has something to do with ignorance) any further than you already have.

I get music and stuff off iTunes perfectly fine without a US creditcard :)

11. globalist thread starter macrumors 6502a

lol then you must have a german credit card. I am in Eastern Europe and like 80% of the world do not have access to that iTunes content with my country's credit card.