So when will we see the next revision of the new macbook pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Rotsu, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Rotsu macrumors member

Hi guys,

I'm planning to buy the new Macbook pros. Just wanted to know when will we see the next revision of the new models (AKA revisionB or w/e) ?

Also have anyone heard if they will update the 17" macbook pros just like the 15" ones?

Thanks!

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

The 17" will be updated case and spec-wise silently at MacWorld.

The next revision (which no one needs to be caring about) will be late spring/early summer 2009. Then Nehalem in January 2010.

3. svndmvn Guest

if you need a 17" just wait till the end of January, if the new ones will be glossy only there should be some refurbished ones with a matte option

4. Pneublet macrumors member

That is ALL speculation. The people who actually know aren't on this forum to tell you. All the answers on here are going to be semi-educated guesses and know zero facts about the next revision.

5. bilbo--baggins macrumors 6502a

Even then, the people inside Apple to do 'know' may find that factors beyond their control cause their plans to change.

Having said that, looking at the pattern of release dates for the MacBook Pro since it was first launch would suggest an update is likely sometime between April and June 2009.

6. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

That sounds entirely an entirely possible and plausible timetable for change. However, to the OP, the truth is that nobody knows for certain when updates will take place. We can only offer guesstimates, based on previous experience, and known earlier timetables. Sometimes - as with the unveiling of the MBA - Apple astounds everyone, with a new and stunning product.

Cheers and good luck

7. HiFiGuy528 macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

I don't think we'll see a revise MacBook Pro at MacWorld because it's too soon. I think we'll see new products there.

8. Rotsu thread starter macrumors member

I'm probably going to buy a new macbook pro when snow leopard comes out( hopefully this fall/next spring?) I currently have a first generation macbook pro(CD) and its been serving me amazingly for the past years, but its time to get a new one :eek:

And I'm kinda wishing that they would do something different with the soon to be updated 17" macbook pro, and not just make it a bigger 15" with an extra USB port. Apple been going on a streaks of bad discussions making lately(Losing firewire in new macbooks, glossy screens only, new ipod nano being a zune wanabe?)

Please Apple surprise us in the next macworld like you always do :)

9. Firefly2002 macrumors 65816

I hope i7 comes before 2010 -.-

The new MBP is a pos.... hopefully they'll pretty it up after fuglying it up... and give a higher res.

10. CrownSeven macrumors member

Wow. Tell us how you really feel.

Well I guess since they will most likely be 'fuglying' up the 17 and hence make it a 'pos', you're out of luck.