So who’s ordering the 1tb model

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Mhotep, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Mhotep macrumors member

Mhotep

Wanted to see who has the deep pockets to order the 1tb model? Lord, I wanted it until I saw the price...

2. rui no onna macrumors 603

rui no onna

Same here. Still under consideration but definitely not an auto-buy like the 512GB last year ($1229 512GB LTE vs $1899 1TB LTE).

3. cmbarclay macrumors regular

I bought the 1tb wifi... I travel a lot download projects, tv series and movies for my trips I usually run out of space with the 512. It is a lot to pay but worth the convenience for me.

4. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

The pockets are deep enough, but I'm still not buying the 1TB.

5. barkomatic macrumors 601

I usually like to max out my iPad when it comes time to refresh--but a $400 price difference between 512mb and 1TB is steep. That being said, there is only about a $180 increase from last years comparable iPad Pro at 512mb so I might go with that. No rush though.

Like the poster above, I sometimes max out my storage with downloadable content--except my current Pro is at 256. I'm hoping that wouldn't be an issue at 512mb.

I never watch that much on trips, but I usually download quite a bit if I'm not sure what I'll be in the mood for.

6. Malcster macrumors 6502a

7. llystc macrumors newbie

llystc

I travel basically every month or so, I ordered 64...

Even if you are traveling to Asia and suppose what you are downloading is 2gb/hour(anything more than this doesn't make much sense on a screen that's slightly over 1080p), you should be good with 20-30gb saved for videos.

8. DNichter macrumors G3

DNichter

9. Tom G. macrumors 68020

Tom G.

I’m ordering the 256GB version. I wish they had stayed with the 128 option as that would be the perfect size for me, but they didn’t.

10. cmbarclay macrumors regular

No I travel for out of the country for months at time so I take my content with me but that sounds good for lite travelers :)

11. chukwithak macrumors regular

This one strikes me, and only assume because I don't understand. Why do we want to pay such a large price for storage when most things can be uploaded or streamed from a cloud or connected to an external device at a much lower price. What kind of people are using that kind of storage on an iPad is what I guess I'm asking. Only thing I might think of would be musicians, and filmography? But also feel that would be on a Mac, not an iPad.

12. thecore762 macrumors 6502

Sorry but not paying 2grand for a 2tb iPad. Hard pass!

13. secretk macrumors 6502

I do think that for the most part you are right. 1 TB is a lot of storage. Heck I have that much on my computer and I don't use all of it. So yeah 1 TB is a lot. That being said I am the type of person that does not use cloud. First of all I do not like my files being stored in the cloud. Second of all cloud means relying on WIFI or Internet. I want to be able to access my files without Internet. And third it's still slower unless you have really awesome connection which I personally do not always have.

I also don't like to store photos in the cloud as quite often they get compressed. I do not shoot with my camera to get my photos compressed. And for the rare cases when I work on art on my iPad and add layers it's not for the compressed photos.

So maybe people use that 1 TB to store lots of movies to watch when travelling abroad without having constant Internet connection.

I do use external storage in general but iPad is not easily integrated with such solutions. If only they had micro sd slot. That would have been awesome, but I don't expect it happening.

14. christophermdia macrumors 6502a

christophermdia

I ordered 512 ... I currently use up 234/256gb but I do also have 25 movies ... recent movies at that which take up more than 100gb of this. Photos uses another 21gb of my total which I use iCloud so it always adjusts that number as needed ... 1TB is overkill and for the extra $400 is not worth it since I’ll likely still upgrade my iPad on the next cycle anyway to get the A13X

Before long flights or going overseas, I check and see if there is anything I want to add/delete and do so night before and work with those movies ... I also will download some Netflix series from time to time ... 512 will double my needs which is more than plenty ...

15. llystc macrumors newbie

llystc

Ah I see, that makes sense. Also, 1TB comes with 6GB ram, that's good too.