So who is getting an iPhone but has to wait at least a day?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thor79, Jul 10, 2008.

1. thor79 macrumors 6502

thor79

Who else besides me is in agony that they can't get their phone on launch day and has to wait until at least Saturday to get it? And when do you expect to be able to get your's?

I'm going to be sitting here looking at all these threads...ripping my hair out. I can't get mine until Saturday or Sunday at the earliest.

Also what are you doing to try to pass the time faster?

What I'm doing:
    -Working on converting DVD's for the iPhone. The stack is big so I have plenty to work on. Having 2 DVD drives helps since I can do more than one disc at a time.
    -Organizing my music collection in iTunes at the moment. I'm brand new to iTunes and my MP3 collection is a mess. I'm using Picard for MusicBrainz to try to clean up the tags and redo the directories. Any opinions on that site/program? I found it while doing a search for tag renamers and it seemed like a solid idea/program.
    -Playing Bad Company on the 360 when my computer is busy.

2. B1RDFLU macrumors newbie

a little longer than a day

i got to wait till christmas because my mom wont co-sign for me and i have no credit but the samsung instinct i just bought is fine since i dont have to pay for the service.
    my hope is for a product red iphone by christmas:eek: crossin my fingers

3. masggzz macrumors newbie

well it depends i might be able to do this on launch but if not it will be sat. for sure. i will be looking at threads and googling iphone 3g in the news section :] also playing my 360

4. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

Well, I'll be working all day from 6am till 9pm, so chqjcrs are I'll go Saturday morning and hope the Att store here has some still.

5. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

My Verizon contract runs out on the 31st of this month, I'm going out the 1st of August to get an iPhone, 16gig Black.

I'm moving this weekend and so by the time I find a new place and get settled in, that 1st will come pretty quick and I won't even notice.

6. Schnebar macrumors 6502

One day? No problem. I am on vacation in Australia now and won't be in California until the 30th. So I have to just wait.

7. thor79 thread starter macrumors 6502

thor79

That's cool...always helps to have something to distract you completely from your obsession. :)

8. S Brake macrumors regular

I know it sounds lame but I'm going to be waiting until my Invisible Shield gets here before I buy the iPhone. I'm just kind of OCD when it comes to any scratches, did the same thing with my BlackBerry and my iPods. Has anyone gotten their shields yet?

9. t56camaro macrumors newbie

It'll be at least Saturday night after 6 pm for me. Sitting in a computer lab on UT campus working on lab reports all night long tonight, so I'll be awake for the launch but I've got no time to go get in line! Due date is 11:59 pm Friday, and then I have to head up to Dallas to work on Saturday afternoon. The only good news is that once I'm off work at 6, I'll be just right down the block from an Apple store, and its a relatively quiet one. Here's hoping they've still got stock.

10. icecold0913 macrumors member

i still need to sell my touch first and get another paycheck. at first i wanted to get it on friday, but now i'd rather just wait a few days for all the hype to die down. i think i'm going to order an invisible shield first, too.

between now and then i'll be having what i like to call- a life. it's really good at keeping your mind off of being obsessed with apple WAY too much. it involves hanging out with friends, going to school, going to work, not thinking about iphone every .2 seconds, and also eating- a lot.:cool:

11. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    i'm with you. have to wait till sat/sun and i'm currently converting dvd's for my iphone pleasure! :D

currently i'm converting the office season 3! :)

12. thor79 thread starter macrumors 6502

thor79

I have Picard running through tagging my mp3's right now...it's slow enough doing that, so I don't want to slow it down by trying to run video conversion besides that.

But when that gets done I'll resume converting all 5 family guy seasons. Did all of Firefly last night.

I ordered InvisibleShield as well and haven't received any shipping confirmation yet. I ordered it (on the 8th) with 2 day shipping so I should get one.

13. DreamPod macrumors 65816

I *was* going to get one tomorrow, but thanks to AT&T charging me a $200 deposit (my last provider didn't need one, and my credit was worse!), I have to wait until Tuesday (payday) to get one :( Hopefully they'll have some white ones in stock at that point.

14. thor79 thread starter macrumors 6502

thor79

Honestly I think we're all pretty safe. There have been numerous reports of AT&T and Apple both getting in daily shipments if needed. So the only time that might be a problem is a day like Sunday, when they might run out on Saturday and there's no shipping on Sunday. That's why I'm hoping to get mine on Saturday.

That depends on how tired my dad is from his flight back from London though. He is currently on his way back to London from Norway...on a cruise ship. He's the one actually buying my iPhone 3G...as a birthday/Christmas gift (my only Christmas gift for Christmas 08). If I had the money to buy the phone myself I would absolutely be in line Friday at 8AM. All I can afford is the cell phone plan for it.

15. lostfan916 macrumors 6502a

lostfan916

My current phone bill is $40 and my mom pays it. She said she'll continue to pay $40 but I need to pay the difference. So she said once I get a job I'd be good to go. So no, I'm not getting one tomorrow and anytime soon. I think I'm going to cry myself to sleep these next few nights.:(

16. Ish macrumors 68000

Ish

Late November for me when my existing contract runs out. I'm looking forward to it but not wishing the summer away! Until then I'll have my phone in one pocket and iPod touch in the other. By then you'll all be experts and can answer any problems I might have if they're not posted already. :)

17. ueatsoap macrumors newbie

the guy in line in front of me got the LAST one at the store i went to today. I thought i was going to go Chuck Norris on somebody. Ill be out there early again tomorrow I guess....

18. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

Bah, I am getting a mail when the store has some for me. With my luck and with the speed packages are transported here to my little peasant island, I will be lucky to get it before Christmas... :rolleyes:

19. Nicholas.C macrumors 6502a

im waiting till next week, then buying off ebay (H)

20. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

Me.

O2 Servers can't process the upgrade from Simplicity to iPhone.

I've bought the unit, so it cannot be sold.

Just got back from O2 'Call in tomorrow'

Ridiculous.

R-Fly

21. Nicolecat macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

Yeah, I want one so bad.
    But...I didn't want to stand in line just to 'not get one'

I had a coworker that just flounced in with his. :(
    (He did say there was a man that was there with his 8yr old daughter to buy one for her...so now an 8yr old has one before me. :mad:)

I don't like the whole 'yellow tinge' problem with the screens...I want to look into this more before pouncing.

I hope to have one by Sunday though. :D (Im going to the lake tomorrow...and I would not even think of taking a new electronic device with me) :eek: Who knows what tragedy could evolve from that.

22. thor79 thread starter macrumors 6502

thor79

That's right I'm quoting my own post.

30-40 people at each of the stores I checked out this morning just before the stores opened (7:30am and 7:50am). Which means they'll likely run out today. So I'm hoping to hell they have daily shipments otherwise me and my dad will be waiting to get our 3G's.

Good news for me is I just checked the itinerary for my dad's trip...he gets back middle of the day tomorrow...so there should be plenty of time to go down and pick a couple of phones up. But again it all depends on whether he's succumbing to jet lag and whether or not the AT&T stores ran out.

Going to check later today to see if they indeed ran out as a result of the crowd at opening today. Also going to check to see if they expect more in stock.

23. Tina893r macrumors newbie

24. bradneal macrumors newbie

I'm waiting until next week. I don't want to fight the masses and I want to see how many unforeseen glitches are discovered and resolved before I go to the local att store.

If you check out the apple support forums there is mass hysteria taking place as people freak out over everything from trying to get activated to not being able to access the iStore. Now I know what it must look like to have someone scream "fire" in a packed theater with only one exit door.

I want one, but not that bad.