SO .... Who is going to sleep in front of the store to get their iPad2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Stealthipad, Mar 5, 2011.

1. iLoveMyApple macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

I don't think there will be many campers since it goes on sale in the afternoon but you never know. I usually would just order it online but I have the day off and I have nothing better to do, so why not go stand in front of the Apple Store all day? I plan on getting there at 11 or noon. :D:cool:

2. Stealthipad thread starter macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

3. maclook macrumors 65816

I will but I always do because I don't have a home and the giant Apple logo is a good nightlight.

4. Ryan1524 macrumors 65816

Ryan1524

I'm a huge Apple fan, but I still will not stand in that long of a line or wait more than a few minutes to get one. ;)

5. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

I am not, but I am going at 3 so hopefully the line won't be too long

6. Elweezy macrumors regular

I'm ordering online. But I'll buy anything shiny and made by apple.

7. iMattcotv macrumors 6502

iMattcotv

I cant make up my mind -_-

I want an iPad 2 really bad, and I honestly do have the money to pay for the toy, but I feel that its just too pointless to own..

@ $735 Canadian after tax for the iPad I prefer (32gb wifi)

The thing that is so messed up, is that I will definitely be checking it out when it comes out ont he 25th, and as soon as I hold it, I will probably buy it without even thinking -_-

8. Tinknock71 macrumors 6502

Tinknock71

The only way I would sleep in front of a apple store, if they were giving out a Macbook for free. Maybe the ipad would be worth it also if it was free:D But Here in Michigan you would freeze you A$# off next week.

9. Roy G Biv macrumors 6502

Roy G Biv

My sleeping bag and bowie knife (protection) are out and ready!

10. MotleyGrrl macrumors 6502

MotleyGrrl

I want one and I can afford it - I just feel like it's totally redundant since I have an IPhone4 and a macbookpro....someone convince me I need it~

11. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

+1 Ordering online would work but I actually want to experiance the line so I'm heading out at 11 or Noon.

12. Wait in line for an Apple product release. Cross it off my bucket list. :)

12. iMattcotv macrumors 6502

iMattcotv

This is spot on to how I feel.

I also have the left over money to get it, but I feel in a sense its a waste of money, yet I still cant make up my mind because it looks so fun to play with!!

I dont need the 3G because I can tether with my iPhone 4.

I predict that I will most likely buy it on the 25th (canada) once I try it, but I guess only time will tell ;D

13. danest macrumors member

I would love to wait inline for one but there is no apple store near here. I will just order online =(

14. iLoveMyApple macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

I've never waited in line before. This will be my first time! I'm kind of excited! :apple:

15. Toiletpapers macrumors newbie

16. eagleglen macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

That question has been asked now for a year and how many million have been sold? If it fits your lifestyle then it's not redundant. The form factor is unique for each, so each is ideal for certain times/places you need to access data. For me, I prefer using it in places like coffee shops, on the couch, and in bed, to mostly read content from the web. Reading books or watching video is also more convenient on the iPad.

I plan to get to an Apple store about noon on the 11th btw. I think I'm most looking forward to switching between pages in Safari and not having them reload. The iPad 2 is surely going to have more RAM and the faster CPU/graphics should do the trick.

17. advan031 macrumors 6502

I don't think they're gonna sell out since I didn't have any trouble getting the first one last time. I only plan to be an hour early.

18. RMo macrumors 65816

RMo

This is probably a silly question, but I can't find any information more than "March 11" anywhere. Is it going at sale right away (as in midnight) on March 11, or is it 5 PM like I recall one more more iPhone product launches being? And is it different online vs. in store?

I probably won't camp out for an iPad (I mean, I have a job :)), but I might obsessively check the online Apple Store until I see what I want.

19. Fireworld macrumors member

The experience is great. You really do meet some cool people but once that door opens, it's dog eat dog.

I'll be at the store around noon.

20. bobright macrumors 601

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Currently in a tent, camping at the moment waiting. First in line 2 behind me already.

21. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

I really hope you're joking... It's not like the iPad 2 is gonna be that hard to obtain.

22. thetruth1985 macrumors 6502

The safari issue is a dealbreaker for me so I hope you are correct.

23. Gryzor macrumors 6502

If you think it is pointless, don't buy one. There's nothing worse than coming here and saying you have the cash but you are too proud...

24. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Lol,
    Just buy it online and avoid the craziness ;)