so who need to get another ipad 2 just because your significant other have taken over

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jvmxtra, Apr 7, 2011.

1. jvmxtra macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

Not that I can afford to but my wife has completely overtaken the ipad 2...

dang!!!

2. henry2 macrumors regular

henry2

I had to go and get my grandkids there own ipad's because they would try to take it away from each other if i let them play on it ..So i went got them all the 16.gb ipad for them to use and it bought peace to the househouse because now they are not fighting over my ipad and it allows us to have peace and quiet on road trips

3. BobbieM629 macrumors regular

We are STRONGLY considering buying a 2nd here.. Haven't made the step to do it yet, but I don't share well.. ;)

4. solostars macrumors member

I started off not wanting ipad2, but my husband and daughter are always on mine. I got the ipad2 for me and gave first one o my husband. Everyone is happy. But my daughter now only wants to play on mine since it's o fast. :)

5. Antfer macrumors member

Yep. Me 2

Only da sig other was my 3yr old daughter.
    She now has her own black 16 gb wifi iPad 2.

Side note:

Da app store has sum awesome apps 4 kids !!

6. Lunchb0x8 macrumors 6502a

Gave my wife my 64GB 3G iPad1

She is barely using it, I am considering just taking it back, and carrying 2!

7. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

My other half is using my old iPad to see if they want the iPad 2 here. Was taken back when they told me they might want the 16GB 3G model! LOL A little frustrated on that since I gave them a 3GS iPhone for Valentines day. Made mention of the hotspot feature of the iPhone 4... they said they would never use it... LOL

The iPad changes everything. LOL

8. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

Bought 2 on launch day to prevent this from happening. :D

The extra $$$ spent is worth it to me.

9. jvmxtra thread starter macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

YOu are wise.. Just couldn't muster up the extra cash to buy another one at this point..

My story is basically wife didn't want ipad but now that she has it, she has completely left her mb and only uses ipad 2 for EVERYTHING

10. HighEndMac macrumors regular

Guys, live the bachelor life, $800 = ME!!

Sometimes I’ll let the ladies play on it, if they are good….wait, damn I’m lonely…
    :(

11. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

It happened with me with my iPad 1: I got one and pretty soon my wife and daughter were asking to borrow "the iPad". I pointed out to them that it wasn't "the iPad" but "my iPad". We now have 3 iPads...

12. ani23 macrumors 6502

Reason why apple wont introduce multiple use capability on ipads

13. CAWjr macrumors 6502

CAWjr

My wife has used mine, but not hogged it. My daughter is more of the problem as she always wants to play on YouTube on my iPad. I just ordered a 18GB wifi model today for the both of them to use & leave their mitts off of mine!

14. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

Me too!

Been there, done that.

Got mine on release day after waiting in line 7+ hours with my wife in tow. Despite having the first iPad since shortly after release she had never touched it once. Got the new one and that night she was surfing away on her iPhone while laying on the couch and I was like, "Here, try this!" :)

Next thing ya know I'm up at 4AM on Saturday and heading to my Apple store where I got her a white 64GB Verizon model.

What makes this all even more sad is mine is just 32GB. :(

15. christophermdia macrumors 6502a

christophermdia

My wife wants everything I have. First it was my MBP, so I got another one to give her mine, then it was the MBA, had to get her one too, then it was the iPad 1, I was able to hold off till now but since I have the iPad 2 and sold off the 1 she now wants the 2....and the 3G version. She's not really technically savvy but she needs for things to just work! Finding wifi hotspots is nit an option.

16. princealyy macrumors regular

I guess I got lucky since my wife doesn't want her own. Actually she doesn't even use mine much.

17. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

You have some convincing/converting to do, my friend.

18. melman101 macrumors 68030

My wife would not let me not buy an iPad 2. Shee wanted my iPad 1 badly. Upon finding my iPad 2, I proceeded to give her the iPad 1. Now peace and happiness has ensued. :)

19. mykoljay macrumors member

Yeh, my wife does not care for the ipad at all. She doesn't like facebook on ipads and prefers the mb pro. I'm the complete opposite and haven't barely touched my laptop since getting this a year ago.

20. AZ-James macrumors newbie

After the first week I was considering picking up a 2nd one for my wife. Luckily Verizons $299 Ipad 1 blowout sale happened that day and I grabbed an IPad 1 for my wife.

21. Hoyasaxa macrumors member

I'm finishing law school while my finacee lives two hours away. We're in a joint custody agreement where we swap it every other week. It sucks.

22. Boen macrumors member

I was just thinking about that deal.. I need another for my kids so they quit begging to play on mine!

23. twentytwo22 macrumors regular

Nah, my wife doesn't seem to like the iPad much. We lined up together for the iPad 2, and once we got up to the door she decided that I didn't need to buy her one :cool: Seemed like the only reason she was considering it is that "new tech" feeling :) But she just doesn't see the iPad as practical for her.

She is happy with her MBP.

24. Mike4AU macrumors member

It is ironic that this thread was started today, because I recognized this morning that my wife is a thief and has stolen my iPad 2. Now I have to buy another one.

25. SonoViva macrumors 6502

SonoViva

My girlfriend didn't want one at first, but then she was telling me how she was talking to a coworker about which iPad to get. She knew all the specs and price points... I was so proud of her, all those conversations I've had with her trying to convert her to a rabid Apple fan had paid off! I waited in line the next Saturday and got her one of her own, a white 32 wifi like mine with a red cover. She's using it in her classroom, showing the kids videos today, and loves it!