So... Who's buying out of contract for T-Mobile?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by techguy20, Oct 10, 2011.

1. techguy20 macrumors 6502

Seems like we won't be able to pick up an unlocked 4S until November.

Is anyone planning to pick one up on eBay or out of contract after the release and hope for a quick unlock/jailbreak for use on T-Mobile or another unsupported GSM carrier?

2. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

3. KJmoon117 macrumors 6502a

Hmm how so? Frankly, I've been out of this country for the past three and a half years and just arrived a month ago.

All I know is that I'm buying an unlocked iPhone so I can use it internationally (since I travel to Korea for 3~4 months every year) and will probably be switching to T-Mobile from AT&T since AT&T isn't offering discounted prices and T-Mobile's rates are far cheaper for what you get.

I'll be picking mine up from a Canadian friend or in November once I read the hands on reviews :)

4. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Buying an unlocked iPhone 4 factory to hold me over, then after that sell to buy the unlocked 4S.

So count me in for doing this.

5. troyhouse macrumors 6502

i am in too.. .now it would be great if they can tell us the release date and allow to pre-order ;)

6. techguy20 thread starter macrumors 6502

Is it possible to order to the U.S. from the Canada Apple store?

Or, there's always eBay.

7. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I would've done this if the iPhone 4S supported T-Mobile's super fast HSPA+ 42 speeds. But since it won't, I'll be picking up an HTC Radar or whatever Mango device Nokia releases and I'll extend my T-Mobile contract with a new Windows Phone. Maybe next year, Apple.

8. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

November is only a month away.

If I really wanted it, I would wait for the 4S unlocked. But currently, I decided to pass it up since it's not the iphone 5.

9. Akack macrumors 6502a

This.......I use my data plan too often and no way I'm buying a $ 700 phone so I can use it on T Mobile's edge network !! Sticking with my HTC.

10. troyhouse macrumors 6502

most of the time I am on wifi and have been using t-mobile with 3gs and its not too bad...

11. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

Me! I'm getting a Black 64GB Unlocked model as soon as it's available! :D

P.S. I think it's bull that we have to wait an extra month... I mean, I'm willing to give them $849 up front, so why should I be kept waiting? :confused:

12. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Because it is unlocked most likely so we don't buy them to ship overseas.

13. KJmoon117 macrumors 6502a

There's also Canada...

14. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Probably just an incentive to get u locked in contract. Don't forget about taxes, that puppy will be 900+

15. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

In my opinion, it's not worth it. The prices themselves are quite high, plus you're paying full price for something that won't even be able to function fully. Lack of 3G bands totally makes it unworthy... unless one doesn't plan to surf the web at all or download data.

EDGE is poor. I don't think it's worth the unsubsidized price just to own an iPhone.

But that's me.