So, who's selling?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by CristobalHuet, Jan 8, 2011.

  1. CristobalHuet macrumors 65816

    CristobalHuet

    Joined:
    Jan 18, 2008
    Location:
    Montreal
    #1
    Just about to list my 32GB 3G on eBay along with the dock and camera connection kit.

    Anyone else selling? Any tips to share with the rest of us? :)
     
  2. Itxdjx macrumors member

    Joined:
    Dec 13, 2010
    Location:
    R.I.
    #2
    Don't ask for anything close to retail if you want to sell fast TIME IS MONEY!
     
  3. BergerFan macrumors 68020

    BergerFan

    Joined:
    Mar 6, 2008
    Location:
    Mos Eisley
    #3
    I won't be selling mine. I made that mistake with my first gen iPhone(which was in almost perfect condition), to get the iPhone 3G. Looking back, I wished I had kept it, as it would be cool to have the first gen, to look back to.
     
  4. Joined:
    May 30, 2010
    Location:
    Sunny Southern California
    #4
    Most likely I will be selling mine. We'll see as it become more clear what iPad 2 will offer.
     
  5. shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

    shakeman0

    Joined:
    Jul 20, 2009
    #5
    Just sold mine today. Now the impatient wait for the iPad 2....
     
  6. Piggie macrumors 604

    Piggie

    Joined:
    Feb 23, 2010
    #6
    I won't sell mine.

    The reason why? Well, I will tell you. I'm not 100% convinced personally that Apple won't cheap out on the iPad2.
    Fit low end 'touch' camera units, perhaps only bump the CPU from 1.0 to 1.2 Ghz, tweak the case, tweak the screen tech, but not change the res, put the speaker round the back which would be bad for me as I like using the iPad with it lying on the bed cover which means the sound will be blocked out. upgrade the ram to 512, and a gyro and that's it.

    To be honest, none of which are going to make any real difference for me. This is a wild guess and I hope I am totally 100% wrong, Apple don't cheap out and blow me away with the specs of the iPad2.

    But as I can't be sure of this, and for me the upgrades would either be minimal, no difference of worse (rear speaker) I think I will hold on and see what it's offering before I decide if it's worth the jump
     
  7. Aatos.1 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Dec 31, 2010
    #7
    Hurry, prime time to sell was a month ago, before rumors confirmed what we know now. Anyone who continues to wait will get less money from the sale.
     
  8. standingquiet macrumors 6502

    standingquiet

    Joined:
    Feb 13, 2010
    Location:
    Birmingham, AL
  9. adnoh macrumors 6502a

    adnoh

    Joined:
    Nov 14, 2010
    #9
    Yeh the earlier you sell the better because then instead of enoiying the technology you can sit and wait for the next one to come out.

    Great idea. Wooo
     
  10. jlyanks85 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2008
    #10
    I probably will. Sell it along with the 2 cases I bought for it.
     
  11. nissan.gtp macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2007
    Location:
    Virginia
  12. slicecom macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2003
    Location:
    Toronto, Canada
    #12
    Won't sell mine until after the iPad 2 is out, and only if it has a high resolution display. Sure I'll get a few less bucks for it, but I'll get a few more months of use out of it too and won't have any iPadless time. ;)
     
  13. saberahul macrumors 68040

    Joined:
    Nov 6, 2008
    Location:
    USA
    #13
    I won't sell mine. Apple isn't going to release the iPad 2 before April beginning. Majority feel it will be next 2-3 weeks (Kevin rose, anyone?). Once the mass is disappointed and turn back towards the 1G, I'll be listing mine on sale then for a higher return.
    Although to be honest - I may not sell it. It is truly a revolutionary device. I may just give it away to family and buy the 2nd one for myself or just keep it and not get the 2nd one or keep it and get the 2nd one - but that won't serve any purpose.
     
  14. silverblack macrumors 68030

    silverblack

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2007
    #14
    No. Not worth the $100 or so saving if I have to do without the iPad for a couple of months.
     
  15. OSMac macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2010
  16. Pinnoks macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2011
    Location:
    Melbourne, Australia
    #16
    Why sell it now, why not wait until they announce it. The majority of people who are going to buy a second hand ipad wont be aware of Apple's announcements, and if you can do without one for a couple of months, it raises another question, why buy the next one if you don't really want it that much. I am probably going to get a of trolling now, but this is just my opinion.
     
  17. Piggie macrumors 604

    Piggie

    Joined:
    Feb 23, 2010
    #17
    Agreed. We take it for granted all this stuff is common knowledge. Many people didn't even know what an iPad is till a long time after it's launch and many people still have no idea what an iPad is. They may just have heard it mentioned or written down in an article once.

    This can be hard to accept when you live the tech surf :)

    It is just conceivable the iPad 2 could be a bucket load of "oh is that it, I was expecting more" and many of us decide after all it's not really worth the upgrade.

    That's why I'm going to wait.
     
  18. Zcott macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Oct 18, 2009
    Location:
    Belfast, Ireland
    #18
    Going to sell because I can justify iPad 2 (assuming it's roughly the same price).
     
  19. Nishi100 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Mar 27, 2010
    #19
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

    I'm going to sell my iPad 2G, a few weeks before the iPad 4G is released; if your intrested, send me a PM. (Hopefully it'll have a 3D no glasses, retina display, 10mp camera with optical zoom and 2K vr; with a 1080p front facing camera.) :)
     
  20. ssdeg7 macrumors 6502a

    ssdeg7

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2010
    #20
    I still have my iPod Photo and my iPod touch 1G intact and in good conditions which I don't intend to sell, I think the same will happen with my iPad, it's just nice using old products some times, and you just can't buy every single new model of every product that appears just because it's better.
     
  21. maflynn Moderator

    maflynn

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    May 3, 2009
    Location:
    Boston
    #21
    This is why I'm straddling the fence. Once apple does release the iPad 2 and if the updates are not to my liking, I'll jump on a refurb or the prior generation.
     
  22. jamesryanbell macrumors 68020

    jamesryanbell

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2009
    #22
    The original plan was to buy iPad 2 and then sell iPad 1.

    I'm so happy with iPad 1 that I'm probably not going to upgrade. Couldn't care less about FaceTime; a bigger/better speaker doesn't matter; have no need for an SD card slot (if they put one in it); and the resolution increase would merely be a luxury.

    I've thought about it A LOT, and I for one am keeping mine.
     
  23. CristobalHuet thread starter macrumors 65816

    CristobalHuet

    Joined:
    Jan 18, 2008
    Location:
    Montreal
    #23
    I just listed it. 24 hour auction. Fingers crossed, so nervous right now. :(
     
  24. Wozza2010 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2010
  25. kds786 macrumors regular

    kds786

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2010
    Location:
    Tennessee
    #25
    Not selling mine at all. I want to wait to see what the iPad 2 might offer, and then if I decide I want it, my hubby gets my current iPad. He just wants it for surfing the Internet, email, etc. So it would be the perfect fit.
     

Share This Page