So who's switching from Verizon to AT&T when the 4G iPhone is released?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by icyfire, May 30, 2010.

1. icyfire macrumors 6502

I was just curious as to how many current VZW users (at least those that peruse the iPhone forum on macrumors :cool:) will be switching to the dark side (aka AT&T) to get the 4G iPhone when it comes out. This is of course assuming that the phone will not be released on Verizon in the near future. I am planning on doing so. Oh steve jobs, why do you tempt me so....

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

3. azsprty macrumors 6502

4. icyfire thread starter macrumors 6502

no flaming here. JUST TO CLARIFY: THIS IS NOT A VERIZON VS AT&T THREAD. I just wanted to make an informal poll as to how many people were planning on switching, that is all.

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

been done over and over and over! your not new to here so surely you know this! :rolleyes: Can we at least wait till June 7th and see if Verizon's name is brought up even once!

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

7. icyfire thread starter macrumors 6502

i think you're misunderstanding, I was asking how many Verizon users are switching TO AT&T for the new iPhone. Maybe a little more reading comprehension and a little less snarkiness, aight? ;)

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

There should be plenty jumping ship from various carriers like very year.

9. Lurchdubious macrumors 65816

Lurchdubious

I'll be switching from Verizon as soon as it's released :D.

10. macfan881 macrumors 68020

I am I've been up from my contract since march was about to buy a 3GS till i saw Gizmodo's story debacle :) so I've been holiding off since been really tempted get a 3GS or jump to incredible but the 4G is sounding amazing. :D

11. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

It's been said many times before: A LOT of people will be switching to Verizon as soon as it's available on their network.

[huge eye roll]

12. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Too bad that's not what the OP is asking.

13. MissyD macrumors member

[bigger eye roll] and a **sigh**

Read, people. Read!

To the op, I've always had AT&T and probably always will.

14. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

Probably....

But I need to really check the reception in my area. Not sure how to do it without actually borrowing a phone and checking the signal strength.

15. i-John macrumors 6502a

i-John

If the iPhone does to Verizon, I don't think the jump will be as big as people think. You are hearing from the vocal minority on service.

I've rarely had problems, and pretty much everyone I know who has an iPhone feel the same. There will be the usual "churn" as the industry calls it, but it won't be as major as people think. People who are happy aren't usually the ones screaming from the rooftops, it's always the unhappy ones. There's somewhere around 10 million sold in the US, and at most a couple of thousand say they are unhappy and would switch to another carrier. Not a bad percentage in my book. Must also take into account that the three biggest countries when it comes to sales are three countries that have exclusive contracts. More sales when it's more excluisive

People do realize that the problems are just as much Apple than AT&T right? Moving a phone with design flaws won't improve my moving networks.

16. kryten3000 macrumors regular

kryten3000

The section of NY that I live in has really good AT&T coverage, it always has since the Cingular days. When I get the money I will be jumping ship and will switch to AT&T. :)

17. plusonechoi macrumors member

Planning to jump ship to AT&T as soon as 4G is released!

18. JoJoCal19 macrumors 65816

JoJoCal19

The best way is to buy a phone super cheap or a go-phone and get a off contract sim or prepaid and try it out.

I for one will not be switching but the temptation has been there. Ive used both services simultaneously recently and Verizon is just far superior where I live and really in the entire state that I travel around in often. AT&T has gotten much better to where if I switched I'd be fairly happy but I'd rather not port all 4 of my lines to AT&T.

Verizon will have the iPhone one day, whether thats this year or in 2 years. I think Ill wait.

19. saccento macrumors 6502a

saccento

I did it when I got the 3G, and really didn't mind it. It would be nicer if they plans were a little cheaper, but the phone is well worth it.

20. Glideslope macrumors 601

Glideslope

Good point. at&t has made huge strides in my suburban/rural area over the last 8m. I don't see any difference in my iPhone in 3G and the wife's/childrens Envy3's on Verizon these days. 1.5 years ago her phones were far quicker in our area. I'll be bringing everyone over to at&t in the fall. Receive a much nicer corporate discount with at&t anyhow. :apple:

21. loyrun macrumors newbie

raises hand, here in columbus ohio ive heard att works just as good as verizon

22. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Where I live in NE. Philly area, we can't even get EVDO coverage, let alone Verizon's 1X network to work the way it should, so it's it's a crap shoot, so if Verizon were to get the iPhone, their customers would have the same problem as "some" of the AT&T customers are experiencing now.

23. slider5634 macrumors newbie

Gee... It'd sure be nice to be back with AT&T. God knows they don't screw up my bill every month. Unfortunately, I now live where there is no AT&T coverage. So, for the time being, I'll have to live without the iPhone -- really holding out for a VZW iPhone as this is my only viable option.

Come on Apple. You seem to be carrier agnostic in other countries; so, what's the holdout here? And don't give me the same old crap about CDMA. Apple shopped the iPhone around to Verizon before the 1st Gen came out.

24. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

At the very least, they are waiting out their contract with AT&T. Then there is the negotiations w/ Verizon that presumably aren't simple.

25. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

Lol you guys hate to hear Verizon and iPhone in the same sentence...btw I'm switching.