So why doesn’t Apple just offer the option to allow people to downgrade to iOS 10.2...?

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by jrdatrackstar1223, Dec 21, 2017.

1. jrdatrackstar1223 thread starter macrumors member

jrdatrackstar1223

I do agree that the problem of developers and apps being affected would be a huge problem, which would be the only problem I can think of. Developers do like the ease of mind of being able to target one platform (for the most part), one system, etc.

I still think the disclosure agreement would take care of that though. Users would have to be notified and made aware that they could potentially lose apps working (it would still be a nightmare for developers though). I guess I never thought of that because when I updated to iOS 11, none of my apps needed to be configured or anything like that (and I was on the early betas). Everything worked just fine after I had updated, but that is just in my case...

2. TETENAL macrumors member

Not for Apple, no.

3. H3LL5P4WN macrumors 6502a

H3LL5P4WN

I'll (mostly) stick with a cohesive user experience, frequent updates, and a phone that won't blow up. lol

4. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Most users seem to overlook the fact that Apple patches security flaws in iOS with updates. Going back to an older version (although it sounds good to a user) is a bad idea as it would expose users to exploits, hacks etc.

5. axari macrumors regular

axari

You talk like a apple's salesman, but i am very happy to inform you that after 2 years you give your $1000 iPhone X to your grandpa :D

6. Black Tiger macrumors 6502

Are the random shutdowns associated with degraded batteries in earlier releases really a better solution? Want to be in the middle of a phone call and have your phone crash? Doesn’t seem ideal.

7. TiggrToo macrumors demi-goddess

TiggrToo

It's not. Annoyed me so much when it happened on my Nexus 6 that I left Android after 5 years and migrated to Apple.

TBF it never occurred in the middle of a phone call - but there's nothing as annoying as driving, seeing brake lights ahead and firing up Waze on a phone with 50% battery to plot a workaround only to find the whole device shuts-down, leading to a 4 minute reboot, by which time you've just missed any last exit and are now committed to a 30 minute delay in your drive...