So why isn't Clinton 50 points ahead, just a lucky 5?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thermodynamic, Oct 23, 2016.

1. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Is it her presentation? Her discussed policies? Which ones or all of them wrapped up no matter how many are agreed or disagreed by people? Politicians that supported her despite their massive brawling back in 2007 and 2008 during that campaign (which was brutal, look it up). Misunderstanding by the public? Wikileaks' content? Wikileaks' content being forgeries? Has Wikileaks' content been addressed or contested? Trump was told by Rubio not to use Wikileaks, so he did say all but the W-word when going after her in debates, with summaries but avoiding detail (so now he looks like foolish since he believes the audience will lift even a single finger just like how they don't for every other candidate...) Unless he actually said the W-word at one point?

All Democrats and many independents seem to subconsciously know she should have been a shoe-in, she honestly should be especially all of Trump's antics (and how the media has ignored some of her purported incidents) being put out by the media, and yet even today she's only a mere 5 points ahead, not counting for any margin of error.

And that's just polls.

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Because she is more deplorable then trump. That s why

3. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

No one misunderstands, she's a horrible fake person. She's playing the populace like a fiddle.

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Yet Trump has a 61.1% unfavorable rating and falling. Hillary is at 53% and on the rise. Add in Obama's 52.1% and rising job approval and it's looking more and more like an electoral college blowout.

5. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

It's also not an unexpected outcome if you just consider demographics and their currently inferred overall ideological preferences. The extra kick in the head to the GOP on that score is the deplorable effect of the Trump nomination, considering the GOP's original intent for 2016 was to expand outreach past their traditional base.

6. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

Agree. Many lefties here really underestimate how many people really dislike the Clintons.

7. vrDrew macrumors 65816

It's an interesting, and enlightening, question. I think the reason that the race for President is so relatively close can be broken down to a few factors:

1. The sad reality is that anywhere from 30 to 40% of the electorate would probably vote for the candidate of "their" party no matter what. A putative Hitler or Stalin on the Democratic or Republican ticket, and millions of registered Rs and Ds would vote for them no matter what.
    2. The Republicans have done an effective job of smearing Hillary Clinton. Yeah, despite being a highly effective, widely admired Secretary of State, endless Congressional hearings have managed to turn her into the architect of the Benghazi attacks and a borderline double-agent for whatever foreign powers are conducting cyber-espionage. (See below.)
    3. The rise of what I'll call the "alternate reality" media. Fox News used to be the gold standard for this. But they've since been eclipsed by Breitbart; Drudge; and god-only-knows what else. Don't like the polling results? Don't like climate science? Don't like the definition of the word "true" - you'll find a website that'll handily tell you whatever it is you want to believe.
    4. Russian mischief-making, aided and abetted by Julian Assange's Wikileaks, and enabled by useful idiots in the West's radical left.
    At this stage, every time I see a Trump/Pence yard sign or bumper sticker, my initial reaction is "You have to be kidding me..right?" But then I remember that there actually were people who bought Edsels, Pacers and Yugos.

Personally, I'm counting down the days (seventeen, at this juncture) when we can all put this long national nightmare behind us.

8. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

trump is a despicable person and Hillary is below him,,,, let that sink in for a minute or ten............ 1000's of vets are taking it in the shorts , people are pissed & tired enough to give the popular to trump , ARMED people no less , hope you guys are prepared for the impending riots when things go nuts.

9. smallcoffee macrumors 6502a

His job approval rating is not the same thing as what we're discussing with our two numskull presidential candidates

10. citizenzen macrumors 65816

The polling leads in October/November ...
    This should help to illustrate why HRC isn't leading by 50 points. Because that kind of lead isn't based on any historical precedent or reflective of anything close to reality.

11. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Clinton herself was the moron who asked
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/30/politics/donald-trump-ad-hillary-clinton-50-points-ahead/

12. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

Only the blindly faithful among the leftists don't believe that both Clintons should be in prison.

13. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Quoted for truth. I'm utterly stunned by such people.

14. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I am a leftie who doesn't believe that either Clinton should be in prison.

Be stunned.

Enjoy.

15. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Or the blinkered folk who refer to an ideologically wide and varied group of people as a singular "leftist" bloc, and seem to be working under the impression that justice is only served when the end result matches their preconceived notions on the matter.

You can't help but question the wisdom and/or mental stability of someone who defines their world by "me, and those who agree with me", and "everyone else, who is wrong and possibly evil". Now I know that this is usually the stereotype some people here apply to "the left". But hey, we've got Witt to serve as the counterexample to that accusation.

16. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

^ You forgot to mention that you are quoting Renzatic ;)

17. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

sometimes it's more fun to let you guys guess :p

18. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

You ain't betraying us man. That much we know :D

19. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

if it looks pro hilllary or anti trump, you know who it is :p

20. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Only the blindly faithful would claim that Romney would win by 20 points and are making the same claim now with Trump. :D

Ironically, since many Republicans are making the choice to send Hillary to the White House instead of the big house, it's not just leftist who are "blindly faithful" it would seem.

No guessing needed. We can tell. We can tell. Very different writing styles. :p

21. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

unless talking about tacos or other essential food groups

22. Zenithal macrumors 68040

That and 5 points, as an example, is a representation of another scale.

23. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

the fact you guys don't see republicans wanting hillary at the whitehouse is indeed troubling.

24. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

That they don't want....

• Someone that would want to date their daughters and grab their P
    • Someone with no experience
    • Someone with a very bad vengeful temperament
    • Someone that would be distracted by suing people instead of being President
    • Someone who's mind is all over the place and extremely unfocused
    .....is of great comfort to me. Not troubling.

Over and over again I have said this election is not about right or left. It's about common sense and experience vs. wining it with reckless abandon. You need to stop looking at this election as a right or left thing because it's much deeper than that.

25. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

All they have to do is impeach him. Simple as that