So, will Iran be the first nation Trump invades?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jpietrzak8, Feb 1, 2017.

1. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

Iran conducted a missile test on Monday. In response, Michael Flynn today stated

"As of today, we are officially putting Iran on notice."

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/iran-on-notice-trump-michael-flynn-234503

It isn't like Trump hadn't stated loudly and clearly that he had Iran in his sights for the last eighteen months. So, if this new "notice" involves ratcheting up the belligerence another notch, I've gotta assume that Trump is preparing a military response of some sort. And he doesn't seem to me the kind of guy to just drop a couple of bombs somewhere and call it even...

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

War with Iran. Can't wait. I'm sure it will go so well.

3. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

if we banned them from entering the U.S. liberals would protest..........

4. jpietrzak8 thread starter macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

Hey, it went great in Iraq, didn't it? No reason not to insert ourselves into Iran as well, and acquire a matching set of conflicts... o_O

5. RedOrchestra Suspended

Israel fueling up the Jets now . welcome to your worst nightmare, Iran.

6. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

just look at Libya, that was also great.

7. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

If you subscribe the petrodollar wars theory they are next. Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya Syria and the last one is Iran. I firmly believe they were next. Will Trump do it? He doesn't want to but the power that be certainly do and that's I do believe was the plan had the democrats won.

8. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

No. Iran won't be the first nation Trump invades.

The Pine Ridge Sioux and Standing Rock Sioux are already being invaded, as Trump's ordering of easement for KXL and DAPL development has already shown disregard for nations and their treaties.

BL.

9. jpietrzak8 thread starter macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

Iran's nightmare, but ISIS' dream. :) Their goal has always been to unite the entire Arabian region against the West; a pre-emptive strike by Israel should do the trick nicely.

Yup, every American president needs to stick their fingers into the Mideast and get them burned. Trump is just starting a little earlier than most.

10. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Doubt it. Obama did the peace deal remember.

11. RedOrchestra Suspended

No P/L running through any Sioux Reserve . only the Sioux all of a sudden claiming some kind of financial value from their traditional lands scam.

12. jpietrzak8 thread starter macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

Um, what??? I'm sorry, I've actually listened to quite a bit of Trump's campaign rhetoric. There have been few presidential candidates in recent years so gung-ho on getting more boots on the ground, dropping more bombs, and torturing more prisoners than this one.

This man takes serious glee in talking about causing harm to others.

How in the world can you justify saying that he "doesn't want to"?

13. RedOrchestra Suspended

Israel will be using the "scorched earth" tactic - won't be anything left when they're done. As Biden always promised "Israel won't get everything they ask for, but they will get everything they need" - that policy not likely to change under the Trump Administration.

14. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

If Israel nukes Iran Pakistan will nuke Israel.

15. jpietrzak8 thread starter macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

Yup; so long as the go out and kill every last Arab in the Mideast, they should have no problem with blowback. After all, they've learned a lot about genocide in the last century; I'm sure they're quite capable and willing to commit it today.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 1, 2017 ---
    Actually, I suspect Russia would reach that point even quicker...

16. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

He has campaigned and formulated his plan around not invading or toppling foreign gov'ts. Don't confuse his staunch rhetoric with a drive to topple.

17. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Apparently you have have no clue as to what the Standing Rock Sioux has. Here, let a map show you:

[​IMG]

If their burial grounds are part of their reservation, then they are definitely in violation of sovereignty. BTW: Read Article 6 of the US Constitution. You will find that no EO, no law passed by Congress and signed by the POTUS, no SCOTUS ruling can overrule Article 6. As long as their treaty is in place and it covers their grounds, DAPL is screwed.

BL.

18. RootBeerMan macrumors 6502

RootBeerMan

19. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Bit of a misnomer. ISIS is Sunni, Iran is Shia. Those two don't get along. ISIS is majorly Wahabbi influenced Sunni. These believe other non Wahabbi Sunnis aren't real Muslims. Shias dislike all of them. Additionally, if you knew a bit of history concerning the region, the Iranians or Persians as they like to be called for some reason that escapes me now, is they greatly dislike, to the point of hatred, the Arabs. While relations with Russia are warming up with the Trump Administration, it wouldn't be far fetched to see Putin step on his friend's toes and tell him not to do anything. I'd worry about Russia launching an attack on Israel or the Pakistanis doing the same against Israel. Despite historic hostility between the two nations, most Pakistanis seem to favor Iran and their people.

To be blunt, I'd expect to see future domination by the Saudis and stomping on all their neighbors. Because their version of Sunni Islam is the real Islam or something like that.

Besides, UN Resolution 2231 allows them to have launched that missile because it neither has the design nor power to deliver a nuclear warhead. The Iranians don't even have a nuclear warhead and their nuclear research beyond 'clean energy' is paltry compared to some other nations. I'd argue that N. Korea is more capable of creating a weapon than they are. Apart from a dirty bomb that both nations would likely accidental detonate on themselves due to poor research and foolishness.

Now if the US were smart, they would lead a coupe against the regime and return the country to democracy, similar to what it was before sans the monarchy. Then quell the few loyalists. Sure it'll be a puppet country, but it'll stabilize the region. Maybe even begin normal relations with Israel again. Both these countries would be stable and it would even out the region.

20. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

heard they dropped the dollar as well.

21. RedOrchestra Suspended

They're only claiming that they are sacred burial grounds, they haven't shown any proof that they actually are. I ain't buying it, let's see some real proof not some fired up oral history - they pull this same crap in Canada on an ongoing basis.

22. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Russia has better things to do.

23. jpietrzak8 thread starter macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

No, I will certainly confuse his staunch rhetoric with what he actually wants to accomplish. Because, otherwise, I would have to assume that everything that Trump said was a lie; and, as it turns out, many many of us have been surprised to find that Trump actually believes what he says.

At one of his rallies, this man said "And, by the way, with Iran, when they circle our beautiful destroyers with their little boats, and they make gestures at our people, that they shouldn't be allowed to make, they will be shot out of the water".

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...shot-out-of-the-water/?utm_term=.5824b5affea8

He's also recently said, on Iraq, "But if you think about it, Mike, if we kept the oil, you probably wouldn’t have ISIS because that’s where they made their money in the first place, so we should have kept the oil. But, okay, maybe we’ll have another chance." Another chance at taking Iraq's oil? Sounds like more warfare there as well.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/01/trump-u-s-may-get-another-chance-to-take-iraqi-oil.html

Trump has campaigned vociferously on being the most belligerent person in the room. On always keeping your opponents guessing. On never taking anything off the table. (Not even nukes.) On beefing up what is already the world's largest military.

I'd have to say, if he is talking about not toppling governments, that is the rhetoric you need to ignore. It's certainly the rhetoric that the rest of the world is going to ignore; too dangerous to believe a statement like that from a man like this one.

24. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Still waiting for real proof on the existence of Jesus (or to be fair the Buddha).
    --- Post Merged, Feb 1, 2017 ---
    Would the Russians really let a US ally nuke a Russian ally?

25. jpietrzak8 thread starter macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

Hmm. Israel nukes Russia's ally? I get the feeling that Israel will suddenly become the most important agenda item on their list.