So you have an iPhone - will you be getting the new iPod Nano?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by enklined, Sep 8, 2008.

?

iPhone owners: Will you purchase a new iPod Nano?

1. Yes, defiantly.

12 vote(s)
    6.2%
  2. Hmm...maybe...

39 vote(s)
    20.1%
  3. No, why? I've got an iPhone, silly!

143 vote(s)
    73.7%
  1. enklined macrumors 6502

As the topic asked - You've got your iPhone already...but will you be purchasing one of the new iPod Nano's?

I really dig the look of them (from the leaked photo). The orange is awesome. I've got a 16GB Black iPhone 3G, but may "invest" in a new nano for the gym.

What say you?

EDIT: Ha, that first poll option should say "Yes, definitely." :p

2. duelingdragons macrumors 65816

Hmm, I might get one for running and stuff, depends.
    They are pretty sweet looking.

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I have an iPhone and a 30GB 5th gen iPod so I have no need for a nano.

5. cenetti macrumors 6502

nope...
    I already have nano ( I like the current one way better, because it's small)
    I already have Ipod touch
    I already have 2 Iphones (1st gen and 3G)

Apple needs to invent a dish washing-floor vacuuming-foot massage giving-bed time story reading-back scratching Ipod. Then I'll buy one...:rolleyes:

6. hierobryan macrumors 6502a

I MIGHT buy the new Nano or Touch, but only because I'm somewhat an audiophile and I need a small audio player to attach to my portable headphone amp. I'm a nerd.

7. Nieval macrumors 6502

I'm planning on getting one along with an armband for jogging. I prefer the 3G models but will wait till tomorrow to see how the new ones flair.

8. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Can't vote because there is no option for me.

I have two iPhones and I will be buying a Classic iPod if the capacity is increased more than 160GB. I would never buy a Nano.

9. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I have an iPhone, but probably am going to get the new iPod touch for the car. I do not like draining the iPhone's batteries for music in my car, and tired of the "This device is not made to work with iPhone" from the car adapter, so the iPod touch for the car would work.

The classic that I already have is my jukebox iPod that holds my entire music collection, but I tend to use this iPod more as a portable hard drive than an iPod.

10. Nieval macrumors 6502

i have the 80 GB classic but think its a pain to use during jogging ( the thing keeps dangling in my pocket and I've got deep pockets so the ladies get the wrong idea).

11. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

I won't be getting one, but only because I've already got a nano to go with my iPhone (and a shuffle, an iPod touch and a classic)

12. duelingdragons macrumors 65816

Lol.. wow. I thought you were gonna say because it has an HDD.. roflofl.

13. Jestered macrumors 6502

14. shelbias macrumors member

maybe... already have the 3rd gen but the orange is just too cool to miss! then i can pass my red fatpod to DBF so we can use Nike+ when we run together! :)

15. Nieval macrumors 6502

Tell me about it, and yet the customers still aren't satisfied and keep asking for bigger sizes!

16. tangledweb16 macrumors regular

tangledweb16

Of course I will! I'm absolutely digging the new design, and it's a good way to save my iPhones battery while on the road. Also, running with the iPhone, while easily done, is simply not as comfortable as with a smaller device.

And... I'm just an Apple fanboy, what can I say? I love Apple. And, for some reason, I really enjoy having a flush center button, like on the fifth generation iPod with video. It's just more aesthetically pleasing and comfortable. I also like the plastic design more than aluminum, and it looks like the new nano will have both of these design changes.

But the thing I'm really looking forward to is the new UI. Hopefully they do something fairly drastic with it. the current iPod UI is a bit stale for me.

17. pj rage macrumors 6502

Defiantly? No, I'm defiantly not going to get an ipod nano.

18. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

maybe sometime down the line. i have the "stubby" nano, and i love it. i use it for my car. but, if it dies or i find myself sitting on some extra cash, i might grab the new one.

19. Rigsby macrumors regular

Hmmm. They do look cool... But no, must resist.

I'll probably get one a few generations down the line when my macho sweating has finally corroded my second generation nano I use with Nike+. I fully expect the 6th gen will do the running for me AND come in different colours.

20. saxman macrumors 6502

I've always wanted a nano for running, but my 3G iPod just won't die. I can't justify having 4 iPods in a house of just 2 people. We already have 3 counting my iPhone

21. ryanwarsaw macrumors 68000

ryanwarsaw

Have no use for a nano, the phone is all I need.

22. neesh0 macrumors 6502a

neesh0

depends on how much, Im willing to go as high as .99, and a free macbook thrown in:)

23. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Nope, i have a 16GB iPhone and a 30GB 5G iPod...i'm pretty much covered

24. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I may eventually get one. Right now, I'm using my 5G iPod in the car with my Alpine deck, but I would love to get something in there that doesn't have an HDD. 16 GB is right at how much music I have now, and if I left off all the music that doesn't have a single play, I'd have room for a couple years to add new music.

Maybe for Christmas or something...

25. nick9191 macrumors 68040