So you mean to tell me...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Djs621, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Djs621 macrumors regular

The only difference between the new maps and the old maps is a questionably useful 3d mode? Oh yeah and don't forget about a silver theme yay!!!!

2. enoC macrumors 6502

enoC

Are we discussing something that no one has seen yet?

Oh yes, let's continue...

3. Djs621 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes the name of the site is Macrumors if you haven't noticed.

4. completing macrumors member

Sasquatch!

5. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

Who told you this?

I'd assume if Apple were to switch the back end of Maps to something other than google they will justify this choice on stage.

They will say it offers functionality that Google doesn't offer and its better for end users.

Wether or not these things are true is another matter. And maybe its another part of the Apple vs Google saga.

What is interesting is that Google have anounced a media event a couple of days before WWDC to talk about whats coming to Google Maps later this year. Possibly stealing Apple's thunder if it were to anounce a new Maps App!

6. Soulweaponry macrumors 6502

Who said that was the only difference? Apple hasn't made a single announcement. This...this is the problem. People hearing rumors and then forming an opinion based on a fictionalized phone/feature and then being disappointed when that fictional thing they made up isn't real when it's released.

God...damn. Its only a few days away and you're already jumping on the "i hate apple maps" bandwagon. At least wait until it's out before you bash. Doing it before the announcement just makes it look like you were determined not to like what apple is doing no matter what.

Wait...did i just fall for a troll? I dun goofed....

7. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

It seems reasonable to me to expect any new Apple map app will be integrated with Siri, which would be more than just an addition of 3-D buildings.

8. samxool macrumors member

Don't forget, if its not Google Maps, the new maps will also lose Street View!!!! :eek::mad::confused::mad::eek::mad:

Its that old parenting thing.
    I'm not angry at apple for ruining maps.
    I'm just disappointed.
    I expected better!!
    Hell, Steve would have expected better!!

9. iZac macrumors 68000

iZac

So you didn't spot the iCars silently hovering round the world for the last year, snapping panoramas? The aluminium sheen and Tron sound effects were quite distinguishable...

10. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

You really can't wait a week before being disappointed by your own made up conclusions.

11. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

You're disappointed at something which has not yet been announced, described, or even officially confirmed? You must lead quite a troubling life...

12. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

To assume and stating rumors is two different things OP.

13. twigman08 macrumors 6502

Ugh, do I really have to read this again? People really think Apple could not function without Steve, even though he handpicked this CEO?

14. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

So Apple is now ruining maps? Where do you get your information?

----------

Do you really think Apple would buy mapping companies and dump Google Maps if it didn't have something superior? So just because Google has been perfecting google maps for so many years, you think Apple will just slap something together? It will most likely blow google maps away. Just wait.

15. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

A Map is a Map. Only so much you can do with it. What are you really expecting?

16. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

I want Google everything off my phone.

17. burnside macrumors 6502

I guess something "magical" or at the least, "revolutionary".

18. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Normally I would not even look at posts like this, but figured maybe I owed some newbie a courtesy flush.

Please make your subject descriptive. Can you imagine what this place would be like if all postings were like this one?

19. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

Why?

Google do some great stuff.

Search, Gmail, Docs

I owe my degree to those 3 things alone!

20. Soulweaponry macrumors 6502

Gmail and search alone are some of the best products i've ever used. Others can hate google as much as they want to help justify their future apple purchases, but google has made a positive dent in this world. Just like Apple

21. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

Either way we will still have access to google maps from an iPhone if we choose. Google makes apps for iPhone...