So you want to cancel a ATT Preorder and go w/ a BB Reservation

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by S1njin, Jun 21, 2010.

1. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

A. Since I'm not trying to upgrade a line and am doing new service, would I still get the discounted iphone price from Best Buy even though there is a pre-order choking somewhere in ATT's system?

B. Can I cancel a pre-order?

C. If I can't cancel and the phone shows up at some point from ATT (after I went ahead w/ a BB reservation), can I just return the device unopened to my local ATT store? Or do I have to mail it back?

D. If its unopened and unactivated, do I get banged w/ a restock fee?

2. Alphakline macrumors regular

Alphakline

Since there are questions for ATT, A rep should hopefully be able to answer. Your best bet would be to call them to get the most correct answers.

3. S1njin thread starter macrumors 6502a

S1njin

I can't believe nobody asked this of ATT yet? I would, but my cube far has ears.

4. rmwhite macrumors member

Some people have found out that ATT won't let you cancel pre-orders. You'll have to get the phone and return it. I haven't heard of anyone successful at canceling an ATT order.

However, you should really check your upgrade eligibility. If you put in an ATT preorder, there's a good chance your contract has already been renewed and your upgrade date has been pushed back to ~2012. This means that if you go to BB they won't be able to sell you a phone at the upgrade price, and whether they will sell you a phone AT ALL is arguable, since launch-day rules state you're only allowed on per line of service.

Good luck.

5. S1njin thread starter macrumors 6502a

S1njin

I don't have a existing contract - I'm new service.

6. rmwhite macrumors member

They'll need to enter your SSN and see that you already have an order pending, no?

7. S1njin thread starter macrumors 6502a

S1njin

Yah, but it'd be a new line since I'm not upgrading. I seriously have no idea I'm just figuring ATT is going to pooch me on my pre-order.

8. rmwhite macrumors member

The rule is one per customer for new subscribers, so you won't be able to get the subsidized price from BB, and probably won't even be permitted to purchase a phone from BB if your ATT order is in the system.