Social Life

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Leet Apple, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Leet Apple macrumors 6502a

Leet Apple

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'm a very popular guy but all I really want to do is forum and focus on school, should I trade in popularity for a life with my Mac and my girl?

2. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

LOL what a random thread - what makes you think that you are popular socially?

the internet can go anywhere, you can still forum whilst you are out and about ;)

3. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

I have to vouch for him ... since passing Gretzky in popularity here in Canada ... Leet has spent less time with the common folk up here in Canada ... lol.:rolleyes:

4. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

now all those "Leet for 2012" bumper stickers make sense!

5. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

hahaha im not following in the slightest :p

6. Leet Apple thread starter macrumors 6502a

Leet Apple

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Lmao, it's just either I can hang out with people or I can relax with my girl by my side and just learn something new everyday and focus on my studies, it's not like the only thing I'll be doing is foruming

Leet for 2012

7. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

really??? who knew??? :p

8. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

9. Leet Apple thread starter macrumors 6502a

Leet Apple

Ya man Im just going to go ghost mode on everybody and just stay at home and succeed in life

10. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

This is what happens when you let the Canadians in.

11. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I don't understand. Why can't you do all of those things?

Having friends helps with succeeding in life. Going "ghost mode" on your friends will insure that they aren't your friends for long.

12. okrelayer macrumors 6502a

When your comfortable within a relationship, thats a good time to spend time with her and nerd out on your mac! When your single you need to go out mingle, to find someone. So yeah, focus on the nerdy internet forums!

13. Leet Apple thread starter macrumors 6502a

Leet Apple

I'm not completely leaving my friends ill hang out occasioanlly but till schools over its only going to be occasionally

14. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

15. RITZFit macrumors 65816

RITZFit

^^ This. OP You'll regret abandoning your friends later when you get lonely. Learning to balance all of these things is just part of life...

16. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Yes, it is. I've had friends like the OP before- girlfriend comes along and you rarely, if ever, see them. Girlfriend dumps them and they come crying to you and want to hang out all the time again. I always took that to mean that they didn't value my friendship much. I gave people one pass on behavior like that. After that, I just ignored them when they pulled that crap. No one needs friends like that.

17. Leet Apple thread starter macrumors 6502a

Leet Apple

Its not forever going to be like this its just i need to focus on school, alot of my friends skip class and its caused my marks to drop...i think taking time to myself for a little bit might be a good idea but i'd like to hear what others have to say about the situation

18. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Don't skip class. But that's different from spending all your time online ;).

19. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Don't skip class, just find a way to balance all these things in your life. It IS possible.

20. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Did I already see this in Good Will Hunting??

21. freeny, Dec 29, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2010

freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

I was in a situation like this in college...
    Hone down your friends to the few "real" ones and concentrate on your studies. It will pay off in the long run... (your true friends will respect you for it)

The time I spent by myself concentrating on my work in school were the most pivital in my life.

22. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

If you are serious about college, especially at the level of graduate research, you MUST sacrifice at least some social life. But why not just do less of the others as opposed to eliminating one?

23. Disc Golfer macrumors 6502a

24. Leet Apple thread starter macrumors 6502a

Leet Apple

this is what im most likely to do, because really i can always have friends but school is limited, and no disco suicide is not the answer...

25. Mr. Chewbacca macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

Don’t skip class, if you can work hard and make good money you will have a much easier life. Planning trips, managing retirement accounts, playing golf, all of these things are amazing. Living check to check is stressful. Its funny when you think about it, as a college student you may have 100.00 in the bank but the decisions you make now will shape your future salary, you have a lot more on the line than you think.

That being said, if you are popular it is because you like to interact with people, don’t lose that, the ability to relate to people that have different goals and attributes than you is a gift. In school you can just decide to not hang out with someone and that’s fine, at work you don’t have that option. You have to make it work, if you can do that well you will be a lot more successful.

Use this as a learning experience. Balance your time, make sure school comes first but keep the friends you want to keep and let go of the ones you don’t. Have fun doing it