Sodom and Gomorrah

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by JagdTiger, Jul 27, 2019.

1. JagdTiger macrumors 6502

JagdTiger

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

I’m still convinced this the destruction of those town towns could be fallout from the Super Volcano in the Med!

3. LordVic, Jul 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2019

LordVic macrumors 603

Never thought of that and does make some sense given the "texts".

Pillar of Ash could easily be the smoke plume seen during a lot of valcanic eruptions
    [​IMG]

And staying behind getting turned into a pile of salt? well, Salt and human ash would look similar enough. And that would be explainable by a pyroclastic flow. These are easily able to instantly turn a human into a pile of ash.

[​IMG]

Mystery solved.

Edit: read flufflyducks response below for an experts explanation of the region.

4. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

I think the lava covered rocks could have be the storm of brimstone the old text tell all of us!

5. TheFluffyDuck, Jul 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2019

TheFluffyDuck macrumors 6502

I am a PhD trained geologist. That is not a town, it is a geological formation. There are people who have caved hollows in some of the rock faces, but the rock face itself is not a petrified town. You can literally see the bedding planes.

It was a lake bed. Those chaotic folds are due to earthquakes disrupting unconsolidated sediment. The sulfur nodules are due to sulfate-reducing bacteria reducing sulfate in the lake water, now the lake is long gone and it's exposed to the air they change their oxidation state again.

6. Crowbot macrumors 6502

Crowbot

Thanks! It always makes me happy when we can insert some actual science into these discussions.

7. JBGoode macrumors 6502

JBGoode

That's what Satan wants you to believe. ;)

8. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. JBGoode, Jul 29, 2019

JBGoode macrumors 6502

JBGoode

You realize I was being sarcastic right? Those that think the Earth is 6000 years old also believe that Satan put the dinosaur fossils here (and invented carbon dating apparently)to lead us away from their truth.

10. mudslag, Jul 29, 2019

mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

I was too