Soft touch back for iPhone 4s or 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by protobiont, Oct 9, 2011.

1. protobiont macrumors 6502a

Has anyone seen a good replacement back for the iPhone 4 made of that rubbery "soft touch" material? I'm referring to the type of backing that the kindle 3 or the droid incredible has.

I've replaced the back of my iPhone 4 with an aluminum back (from an obscure chineese website) in the past, and I've seen wooden backs for sale, but that soft touch material would be great for grip and wouldn't be scratch prone.

So far, I haven't come across anything like this, just wondered if anyone had seen one.

Thanks!

2. ap3604 macrumors 68000

3. protobiont thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'll check that out thanks. It might be my best option.

Just to clarify though, I meant an actual replacement for the glass back. You unscrew the two bottom screws, slide the glass out and slide a new back in. This keeps the form factor of the phone as close to the original as possible.

4. hurley326 macrumors newbie

what ur looking for..

I have been looking for the EXACT same thing bud. I want a replacement backing that is in soft-touch white to replace my current back. The best thing that I was able to find is colorware.com they will repaint your entire phone. You cant get just the back done or just purchase a back replacement case. It costs about $300 if you send in your own phone but you can get pretty customizable with it. I am debating getting my white iphone 4s done in all white softtouch and then getting the silver aluminum frame painted in softouch black. Reply back on here tho if you find just replacement backings in the softtouch. I figure whoever eventually makes them, they will only be about $50 compared to this $300 alternative.

5. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad