Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rogersmj

macrumors 68020
Sep 10, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
False. I successfully did the procedure on my jailbroken 1.1.2 OTB phone last night.

The problem is that if you do a *real* upgrade to 1.1.3 on a 1.1.2 OTB phone, you can't downgrade it. Which is what I'm running into now, because I wanted the Maps locator feature to work. Turns out I could have just installed Navigon GPS and everything would have been fine.

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
Well I have an OTB 1.1.2 with 4.6 bootloader and I did the soft update to 1.1.3 that is going around. It worked but I would give it a miss until the official release as somethings didn't work afterwards.I have since downgraded to 1.1.2 as Customize and most of my apps didn't work under 1.1.3 at the moment.

anim8or

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 16, 2006
Scotland, UK
Just as i suspected.

I wonder why they would post that it wouldn't work without explaining properly!

Thanks all for answers.

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
Just as i suspected.

I wonder why they would post that it wouldn't work without explaining properly!

Thanks all for answers.

Apparently Nate broke free from the dev team and released something to get it out first/make some money and the release contains some copywrited code from apple and has a tendency to break somethings, so I would steer clear.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.