SOFTWARE SUGGESTIONS PLEASE! thousands of photos corrupted! How to recover them?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by CamCracker, Jun 14, 2011.

1. CamCracker macrumors newbie

Thousands of my photos aren't opening, their still their original size in MB, but they aren't showing in preview. or quick look!

What are some software to recover corrupt photos? Preferably free! But let me know all of my options. Thank you all!

Please help!

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

4. smoge macrumors regular

smoge

I feel your pain, it happens to the best of us.

Im sorry i dont have a solution to your problem but, i mite be able to help if you tell me how or what you did to get were you are now?

5. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

TechTool Pro, it should fix you up, but it costs around $100.

TEG

6. CamCracker thread starter macrumors newbie

My drive was accidentally wiped (don't ask, lol) so I reinstalled Snow Leopard and ran data rescue 3 and it recovered the pictured, but almost all of them are corrupt, and I will do anything to get them to open and view the original photo with the same quality and resolution as before. I've restarted, put them on another Windows 7 computer and they don't open.

How do I recover them?

7. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

If Data Rescue 3 failed to recover usable files, they're not coming back. Sorry. Especially if you put them back on that drive, overwriting the original data and making it absolutely impossible to recover them with any other tools.

jW

8. niksimpsons macrumors member

niksimpsons

Actually you need to try recovery software before installing Snow leopard again :(. It is always suggested that first thing after loosing data is to stop using that drive because chances are very bright that lost data may be overridden. You can try "Stellar Phoenix" it will show you "preview" of photos before doing actual recovery. And if you can see photos in preview then go for recovery it will software for you that can recover photos for you. Just give a try!! And if those photos are very much important for you contact professional data recovery person may be he can surely show you the way !!