Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Spike87

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2010
Hi all,

As the title describes, I've just picked up a 16GB 4S and am wondering if Apple charges the phone when they ship, and I should use it strainght away out of the box, or whether I should leave it on the mains for a few hours first?

I want to maximise my battery and calibrate properly.

Any suggestions?

By the way, the rather humorous thread title can be chalked up to my iPad's autocorrect! Oops!

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Either makes no difference!

Spike87

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2010
I thought it was best to let the phone have a couple of full charge cycles before topping it up?

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009
they come about 1/2 charged. it's ok to sue it as long of course as you have enough harge to last you.

Stealthipad

macrumors 68040
Apr 30, 2010
Hi all,

As the title describes, I've just picked up a 16GB 4S and am wondering if Apple charges the phone when they ship, and I should use it strainght away out of the box, or whether I should leave it on the mains for a few hours first?

I want to maximise my battery and calibrate properly.

Any suggestions?

By the way, the rather humorous thread title can be chalked up to my iPad's autocorrect! Oops!

There is nothing you can do or not do to change the battery. I would not calibrate unless it needs it. If you can charge when you get it, I would top it off, but if not do not worry about it and use it like it was stolen:eek:

Just relax and enjoy your phone!;)

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
'Calibrating' generally means that you do 2 or 3 runs of 100% to 0% over the course of a week or two.

It doesn't mean that ALL of your charges or even your first usage has to be like that.

(Nor is calibrating really needed these days, I just point out that if you were going to do it, you don't have to worry about it all that much.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.