Sold a new Sprint iPhone. Do I need to pop out the SIM or anything?

MrXiro

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
Los Angeles
I used my Sprint upgrade and picked up a brand new 4S to sell. I know with the At&t model I need to pop out the SIM so that the new owner doesn't activate the phone on your account. But do I need to do anything with a Sprint phone? Sprint will only activate the IMEI number and that won't be linked to my account unless I activate it, right?

Any advice would be helpful, thanks.

And please don't judge. I lost my job and am doing what I can to make ends meet.

Want300

macrumors 65816
Oct 12, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I used my Sprint upgrade and picked up a brand new 4S to sell. I know with the At&t model I need to pop out the SIM so that the new owner doesn't activate the phone on your account. But do I need to do anything with a Sprint phone? Sprint will only activate the IMEI number and that won't be linked to my account unless I activate it, right?

Any advice would be helpful, thanks.

And please don't judge. I lost my job and am doing what I can to make ends meet.
I would never sell a phone with the SIM card, it may or may not have your info. Always take it out... They can get one on their own... It is there problem, not yours.

MrXiro

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
Los Angeles
Cool thanks! I didn't want to break the seal on the box. But if I must I will. You know how people like that "new gadget smell" of having to break open the plastic and all that. I just wanted the buyer to have that experience, in case he/she really enjoys that.

Thanks for your help!

----------

I would never sell a phone with the SIM card, it may or may not have your info. Always take it out... They can get one on their own... It is there problem, not yours.
Would it have my info already? The the phone is a brand new one coming to me directly from Sprint.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Cool thanks! I didn't want to break the seal on the box. But if I must I will. You know how people like that "new gadget smell" of having to break open the plastic and all that. I just wanted the buyer to have that experience, in case he/she really enjoys that.

Thanks for your help!
If you never opened the box to activate the phone, it probably does not have your info on the SIM

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere

Thanks for your help!

----------

Would it have my info already? The the phone is a brand new one coming to me directly from Sprint.
If you haven't opened the box then the phone hasn't been activated on your account so there isn't any of your info on the sim. Don't bother with opening the box to take it out.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
If you haven't opened the box then the phone hasn't been activated on your account so there isn't any of your info on the sim. Don't bother with opening the box to take it out.
my last name is kramer and I just commented on this thread....I was like "how does this forum know my last name? and changed my user name" :)

Want300

macrumors 65816
Oct 12, 2011
St. Louis, MO

Thanks for your help!

----------

I sold one as brand new... I told the buyer. I only opened it to remove the sim card. your call.

----------

my last name is kramer and I just commented on this thread....I was like "how does this forum know my last name? and changed my user name" :)
Lol... small world