Sold a new Sprint iPhone. Do I need to pop out the SIM or anything?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MrXiro, Aug 16, 2012.

1. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

I used my Sprint upgrade and picked up a brand new 4S to sell. I know with the At&t model I need to pop out the SIM so that the new owner doesn't activate the phone on your account. But do I need to do anything with a Sprint phone? Sprint will only activate the IMEI number and that won't be linked to my account unless I activate it, right?

Any advice would be helpful, thanks.

And please don't judge. I lost my job and am doing what I can to make ends meet.

2. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I would still pop out the SIM just b.c I am paranoid about that stuff

3. Want300 macrumors 65816

Want300

I would never sell a phone with the SIM card, it may or may not have your info. Always take it out... They can get one on their own... It is there problem, not yours.

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

5. MrXiro thread starter macrumors 68040

MrXiro

Cool thanks! I didn't want to break the seal on the box. But if I must I will. You know how people like that "new gadget smell" of having to break open the plastic and all that. I just wanted the buyer to have that experience, in case he/she really enjoys that.

Thanks for your help!

----------

Would it have my info already? The the phone is a brand new one coming to me directly from Sprint.

6. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

If you never opened the box to activate the phone, it probably does not have your info on the SIM

7. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

If you haven't opened the box then the phone hasn't been activated on your account so there isn't any of your info on the sim. Don't bother with opening the box to take it out.

8. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

my last name is kramer and I just commented on this thread....I was like "how does this forum know my last name? and changed my user name" :)

9. Want300 macrumors 65816

Want300

I sold one as brand new... I told the buyer. I only opened it to remove the sim card. your call.

----------

Lol... small world