Sold iPhone 4S for the S4 - went and bought a 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Grmnracing, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Grmnracing, Jul 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2013

Grmnracing macrumors regular

iPhone 4s battery was pretty bad and I was up for an upgrade. So I used the awesome Galaxy S4 for two days. It was a good phone. Lots of features, no lag, nice display. Open to customize and freely roam the Internet with endless possibilities.

BUT, the features are wasted to me. The features I know and love only come on the iPhone. Simplicity, reliability, syncalibility, is that even a word, beauty, and "it just works".

So I couldn't hold out for the iPhone 5s. I am proudly typing this on my "soon to be old iPhone". The iPhone 5, and I freaking love it!

2. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Totally. It's meant to grab attention and it has succeeded, sadly.

OP, good for you. I had a pretzel bacon cheeseburger for lunch today. I bought that over the peanut butter and jelly I was going to eat. OMGWTFBBQ SO HAPPY NOW.

4. Grmnracing thread starter macrumors regular

I didn't bash the S4. I can play well with Android fans. It just didn't work for me! Now take a picture of your cheeseburger with the S4 and animate it into a GIF or use the best shot feature. Your camera and phone have more features. But I'm still satisfied with my peanut butter and jelly iPhone.

Sorry you started it. But seriously it was nice to download torrents directly to the phone!

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Ummm, who said I owned an S4? And I ate the burger. It was ****ing delicious.

6. Grmnracing thread starter macrumors regular

BTW the bacon pretzel cheeseburger, I tried it yesterday. It was ok, I was expecting a more pretzel like flavor. However the sauce was good. Wendy's is awesome!

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

[MOD NOTE]
    I went and changed the title to be more descriptive of the thread, as we prefer not having sensationalistic titles that mislead the membership.

8. ManicMarc macrumors 6502

Yep the iPhone 5 is a really nice phone. Gotta hope iOS7 runs smoothly on it still. We all know how slow the 3GS and event the iPhone 5 became under iOS 5/6.

9. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

Welcome back to iOS. I generally am always interested in hearing about other people's experienced with other mobile operating systems, but I think that Samsung does the Android experience a real disservice with all the bloat that they layer on top of pure Android. Stock Android really is a very simple yet functional operating system with a lot of good things going for it. I use Apple because I prefer the overall experience; I think that catering the software to the hardware lends itself to better, more stable performance without having to throw *more* at everything to make it faster/smoother. But Android has a lot going for it and there are things that I miss not being in the Google ecosystem anymore.

10. Grmnracing thread starter macrumors regular

I agree, I have a Retina MacBook Pro, iPad mini and and iPhone 5. They sync beautifully. Find my friends is great for my family. And find my iPhone has gotten my wife's stollen iPhone back! iMessage is awesome, no 160 max messages, delivery reports. Able to receive them on multiple devices. It's all just amazing.

11. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

Let's talk about "syncing"

I sold my Iphone 5 and got a Galaxy S4 and couldn't be happier. I do own a MacBook Pro Retina, a Mac Mini, a Imac, an Ipad 3 and just old my Ipad mini, so I do like Apple....but they dropped the ball with the Iphone. I am not going to wait a year for a larger screen, so I got the S4. I can sync my notes from my MacBook Pro to my S4 with Evernote. All my mail is Google and it syncs automatically and I use Doubletwist and Air Sync to sync all my Itunes music. So syncing isn't a big issue with me. I'll re-visit the Iphone when they wake up and design a larger phone.

12. Grmnracing thread starter macrumors regular

It's all about preference. But I don't mind the iPhone 5 screen size. I think it's a great size.

I was surprised at the weight of the iPhone 5 and Galaxy S4. They both are extremely light.

13. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

:rolleyes:

Let's hope that you remain a permanent Samsung fan then. :cool:

14. bigjim83 macrumors 6502

Apple folks get upset so easy

15. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

apply fanboys and jbieber fans get butt hurt so dam easy, lmao

16. IFRIT macrumors 6502a

To swap phones after 2 days is a bit silly really.

17. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

Not upset, I just don't want a giant phone. I've had a couple big Android phones (the biggest being the Nexus 4) and I prefer the size of the current iPhone overall.

I'm an Android fan too, honestly. What I'm not a fan of are giant phones.

----------

Clever, the way you took his comment and added "butt" to it.

18. Steve121178 macrumors 68040

Steve121178

Great. We need to know this because...?

19. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

FYI: my butt does not hurt, currently.

20. le3x macrumors newbie

...Because for him this is the good reason for iphone-dependant masturbation!

21. AQUADock macrumors 65816

AQUADock

Apply Fanboys?

22. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Glad you are enjoying your new iPhone.:D

23. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

Because someone needs others to justify his/her own purchase to himself/herself.
    Sorta like this:
    Great news, OP! We are all happy for your purchase! You most defenitely did the right thing.

(Tip: mouth shut about the upcoming 5S, or he/she'll probably start another thread on the lines of... Went for S4, bought 5, then sold it and went for 5S!)

24. Ides of March macrumors newbie

This thread is funny, cause I did the same thing. I had an Iphone 4S which I loved. And when my upgrade came available I went to get the Iphone 5, because I didn't want to wait for the 5S. I figure the next upgrade. So I went into the Verizon store and everyone was on the S4, they were talking about it like it was the hand of the king. The screen was beautiful, and HD, and it was fast, real fast. It was a 16 gig phone, and I was blown away. So I traded in my Iphone 4S and took home the Android Galaxy S4. Now when I was with TMobile I had the G1, Mytouch, Mytouch3g so I was familiar with Android. And if I remember correctly, all of those phones were terrible, they froze, crashed, the apps were terrible, I had to take the battery out of my phone and put it back in multiple times a day, I hated Android. With a passion. Yet I heard it was improved since the previous 2 years and the S4 is supposed to be this brilliant phone so.
    Well I also have an Imac, Ipad, which I had all my song on Itunes. And attempted to convert it to the S4 but that didn't work properly. And when I started using the phone, all my past Android problems were eating at me, the app store sucked, the widget thing was a pain in the ass, the dropbox, the redundant google apps, the google apps I didn't want that I couldn't delete. All the apps running in background, the phone felt hot after charging, the battery was terrible, I had to charge it multiple times a day. Yes the screen was amazing, the video was amazing, but that's about it. The typing and swype I couldn't bond with, and I had 8 gigs before I did anything to the phone. They should have told me that I wouldn't have gotten it. So I took it back after two days and got my Iphone 5. lol, funny thing was the first night without my 4S I had trouble sleeping cause I felt like I made such a mistake. When I got my Iphone 5 it was like the suffocation was lifted. I still hate android, with a passion, and the phone is decent but not the hype it's built up to be. I will never part with Apple ever.

25. IFRIT macrumors 6502a

Learn to use paragraphs your post is hard to read.

I don't get how a widget can be a pain in the ass, so what is apps are running the background it has 2GBs of RAM and the apps are probably suspended anyway. Some phones get warm while charging especially if the phone is being used while being charged. I call BS on the multiple charging a day as the S4 is regarded as having very good battery life unless you had a rogue app or were logged into skype or facebook chat all day.

The only thing i agree on is the amount of internal storage left free but that could be partially relieved with an SD card.

Switching back after 2 days and then basing your opinion on Android on those 2 days is total fallacy.