Sold iPhone on eBay for more then they cost, and it's used!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hustle, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Hustle macrumors 6502a

I just sold my used scratched/scuffed iPhone unlocked on eBay for £190. They're only £170 in the shop so going down there when the money clears to buy a new one. :p

People on eBay obviously haven't heard the news yet. :D

2. joeshell383 macrumors 6502a

That is why information is key in a free economy.

3. chrisparr macrumors regular

This is proof that people should know their current events :)

4. Hustle thread starter macrumors 6502a

Does anyone know what the policy is with o2 about getting a new phone to go with my contract. I have a legit contract with o2 so if they don't give me another iPhone for my contract, i'm going to have to unlock and use my o2 sim in that iPhone.

5. nick9191 macrumors 68040

Hehe nice :cool:

Bet whoever bought it will feel a fool when he/she realises :p

6. preguntonontrac macrumors 6502

Probably not, he might sold it to someone where there is not iphone available and they usually buy them for more knowing the current price. For example new iphones 16gb are selling for more than $600 and they cost $500. They just dont have it available and since everyone is selling them at that price then they buy it and unlock it. also a great thing of not having iphone for example here is that even if you paid a little more almost nobody has an iphone.

7. iSimon macrumors regular

I think you can simply activate the new iPhone with your existing (iPhone-tariff) SIM in iTunes - though I'm not entirely sure of the process.

8. carcassone macrumors newbie

I almost sold my iPhone to a shop keeper in the Brussels airport. iPhone is not available in Belgium yet. When I told him I paid an equivalent of 350 euros, he was floored as how "incredibly cheap" this is. After my standard 15 minutes demo, he was ready to pay me 500 euros cash on the spot because if/when they became available, he will not be able to buy one without a contract, like we can just pickup one from an Apple store. He was pleading with me, ignoring all his customers, wouldn't let me leave his kiosk. Almost made me miss my flight.

In the end, I walked away because I had all my pictures from the trip and haven't totally syned up yet. But it was very tempting!

9. Hustle thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just went into O2 and bought a new iPhone. Put my previous sim card in and was taken through the activation again, however was only asked for my o2 username and password and Apple ID and then the phone was activated. No bank details etc.

Now a nice new iPhone and £10 for my old scratched one. Hehe.

10. bstpierre macrumors 6502

It's better when you win it!

I am not surprised it went for more than cost. eBay advertises that it is better when you win it. :)

11. noobiestyle macrumors newbie

bought im iphone on e-bay paid just under 400 for a 8gb.. not to shabby
    if you look late at night youll find the ones that go for cheeper.

12. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502