Sold iPhone question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jlp2979, Oct 6, 2014.

1. jlp2979 macrumors 6502

I've had it with Ebay and stupid people. I sold my mint condition unlocked 5S last week and the person emailed me a bit ago that she paid X dollars for a fully functional phone and it doesn't include a SIM card, so she's angry, and asks me to send her a SIM. Really?? I emailed her back that it has nothing to do with functionality of the phone. Just put in your current SIM or go to carrier store and get one, simple. I will be so pissed if I get negative feedback or a BS complaint about this. I thought I described everything plain as day in the description, but I didn't expressly state no SIM card is included...I thought that was common sense and actually stated somewhere in Ebay's guide that you should remove all personal data, etc... . Maybe I'm the idiot here for not stating "no SIM included" , my listing did expressly state "for sale is used VZW 5S." I've sold many old phones on Ebay before without issue. Am I in the wrong here? I really hate people. :(

2. ZEEN0j macrumors 6502a

3. TRC-WA macrumors regular

Hope she doesn't dispute the transaction saying you sent her a bar of soap... Then she'll keep the money and the phone.

Been an eBay member 14 years and I go elsewhere to sell. They favor the buyers 100% in any disputes and the fees are outrageous.

I sold my 5s on Craigslist last week... Met at Verizon store... Confirmed phone functionality for buyer... $450 cash... No fees... No BS.

Good luck OP.

4. jlp2979 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. I did transfer AppleCare+ to her. I have my original receipt, my email to her with a PDF of the receipt, and my email to Apple and Apple's response that they transferred the warranty to the buyer. If need be I'll get the shipping receipt + proof of insurance from UPS Store. Even with all of this plus like 11 photos of the phone in the listing, buyer still wins?

**Edit- I'm pretty sure I know the answer. :(

5. jamespa66 macrumors 6502

This is exactly why I stay far away from ebay! Face to face transactions only, sal is final when you walk away.

6. myscrnnm macrumors 65816

myscrnnm

*facepalm* People like this are why we can't have nice things.

7. uchosen macrumors 6502

That is one thing I always disclose - NO SIM card included. You can never tell with people on eBay.

8. jlp2979 thread starter macrumors 6502

Actually, I just looked at the photos again from the listing. The main photo of the phone shows it powered on with the standard "no sim inserted" splashed across the home screen. Any help to me at all?

9. pdxmatts macrumors 65816

pdxmatts

I think it will be ok. Just talk to her calmly and tell her that you had to keep your personal sim card and to please stop at her carrier store and they will give her a new sim. Be nice as pie. I'm sure she just over reacted and once she gets her sim, she will go away. Fingers crossed for you.