Sold iPhone6,after a month buyer say ing it was water damage i received the phone back

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ryreless, Oct 4, 2016.

1. ryreless, Oct 4, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2016

ryreless macrumors newbie

ryreless

but it now is icloud locked and disabled with buyers email i appealed paypal twice but they favored with him .i have proof imei number.im going to call them tomorrow and record the conversation any suggestions

2. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

Bummer. Expensive lesson, but this is why I have never been willing to sell other than locally for cash. This kind of scam has been going on for years and as Paypal has become more buyer-friendly it has only gotten worse. Now iCloud has added another layer to the headache.

3. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

And the user your referring to may not have English as a primary language. Therefore they are typing the best to their ability. Useless comment and No need to point that out

Back on topic. OP, was this sold on EBay? Pay Pal likely isn't going to reverse their decision. Especially if you already appealed it twice.

4. Hanzu Lao Suspended

Hanzu Lao

Seems unlikely. It's not my primary either and i learned it reading books.

5. areyes163 macrumors 6502

areyes163

As others said if you appealed twice your out of luck I haven't seen anymore than that. I stopped selling on eBay and the like due to PayPal a policy. I will buy using PayPal for the policy also though. The seller has to great a risk of getting screwed. This happened to me once on eBay. After a month or so the buyer said some garage because he didn't want the device so I got forced to take it back. When I got the device I filed a claim against the buyer because he broke the device and it wasn't sent back to me the way I sent it. I got my money back that way. But yes. Always avoid selling on eBay and sites that use PayPal. They always side with the buyer.

6. janeauburn macrumors 6502a

janeauburn

Paypal sucks.

7. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I quit using eBay because the people that would win my auctions were unable to speak English and did not know the rules on eBay. They would not pay or one even asked if I could ship now and he would make payments.

Sometimes these things do need to be pointed out.

8. janeauburn macrumors 6502a

janeauburn

Absolutely true.

9. myztikal47 macrumors regular

I'm surprised you got your money back. PayPal usually screws the seller. Just like many others said, that's why I stopped using eBay/PayPal to sell. I use to sell a lot of phones/laptops, but people were getting a bit crazy with their claims. I got screwed twice before I completely stopped selling.

10. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I agree with you about eBay and the fraud. And the language barrier can be frustrating, if someone is going to point this out to the person with broken dialect, they need to make sure to be respectful when doing so.