SOLD: MacBook 1.83GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM: SOLD

Discussion in 'Marketplace Archive 2' started by ronni3, Apr 18, 2008.

1. ronni3 macrumors regular

I am thinking of getting rid of my MacBook and I'd like to get an idea what I can expect to receive for it. It is everything stock for the exception of the 2GB of RAM installed. I purchased it February 2007. It is in perfect working condition. I currently have OS X 10.5 Leopard installed but do not have an install disk to go with it. I do have the original box and all of what came within the box.

1.83GHz Core 2 Duo (Yes I am sure it is a Core 2 Duo!)
    2GB 667MHz DDR2 RAM
    60GB SATA HDD
    CD-RW/DVD-ROM
    13.3" Screen
    iLap
    Leopard Installed
    Tiger Included

I have the Tiger disks with the original box and Apple replaced the battery. One last piece of information I neglected to post regarding the MacBook is the hairline cracks. Just below where the magnets meet under the touchpad to the left of the divet a very small crack formed and has trailed all the way to the left side of the MacBook. It is only noticeable at close range. One other is underneath by where the heat vents out of the MacBook, again it is very small.

The cracks have no effect, as you all well know, with how the MacBook performs. With a little persistence I know you can get a Genius to have it replaced for free since warranty is no longer effective. I managed to get one of the Geniuses to reconsider, just to see if I could do it, but I desperately needed it at that moment for school. YMMV.

The battery is now about a month old and has a long life ahead of it.

$650 shipped.

2. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

550-600 shipped. maybe more on ebay but you have to pay fees there

3. Skystar macrumors 6502

Are you talking about a MacBook, or MacBook Pro? Only Pro's have 15" screens, and I'm not sure there was ever a 1.83Ghz Core 2 Duo MBP? Also, I think they started with 80GB Drives.

4. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

its definitely a macbook, which means 13" screen

no mbp ever came with combo drive

5. ronni3 thread starter macrumors regular

You are absolutely right, I made a mistake thinking it was a 15" screen. My bad! It also looks as though I have discovered that the battery is no longer holding a charge, and I only have had the MacBook a little over a year. Anyways I need to get that replaced before considering selling it too anyone.

The reason for my potential sale is that I have no real use for the MacBook other than iPhoto, and the other reason being that my wife hates not being able to play MSN & Yahoo games. She likes them a lot and because I rarely use the laptop, I will have to get her a Windows laptop. :( Yeah, it's come to that.

Anyone know how much I can expect to purchase a replacement battery for?

6. worldwearyeyes macrumors regular

Before you buy a new battery, you may want to take it to the Genius bar or call Apple. There was a battery replacement program for a certain group of Macbooks, so you may qualify for that.

7. logana macrumors 65816

logana

Why not install Windows through BootCamp on the MacBook ??

8. Skystar macrumors 6502

+1 on this. I think macbooks are a lot better even as PC's than most laptops out there. Set it with bootcamp and have it start up in XP every time, it will be just like any other xp laptop but with the option of OS X. :cool:

9. ronni3 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I will look into the battery replacement at the Apple Store and I will try out the XP alternative. Thanks again!

10. joshwest macrumors 65816

joshwest

ill give you 575 shipped for your book

11. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

If I were the seller I would take this offer. seems reasonable considering the battery and no disks

12. ronni3 thread starter macrumors regular

I've reconsidered keeping the MacBook. I have the Tiger disks with the original box and Apple replaced the battery. One last piece of information I neglected to post regarding the MacBook is the hairline cracks. Just below where the magnets meet under the touchpad to the left of the divet a very small crack formed and has trailed all the way to the left side of the MacBook. It is only noticeable at close range. One other is underneath by where the heat vents out of the MacBook, again it is very small.

The cracks have no effect, as you all well know, with how the MacBook performs. With a little persistence I know you can get a Genius to have it replaced for free since warranty is no longer effective. I managed to get one of the Geniuses to reconsider, just to see if I could do it, but I desperately needed it at that moment for school. YMMV.

Despite all this, I believe the MacBook is in great condition and is still worth a little more than what some of you quoted when the battery was dead. The battery is now about a month old and has a long life ahead of it.

Everything plus I'll throw in a iLap for $650 shipped. I have Heatware under Ronni3 if that's your thing, but I have also sold items here.

13. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

its going to be tough to sell this here for more than 500. Id try ebay

14. mattniles007 macrumors 6502

mattniles007

I concur

15. Spikeanator6982 macrumors 6502

didn't he say he had the disks now and that apple replaced the battery?

16. ronni3 thread starter macrumors regular

Sold!!!

Thanks guys for all the nice feedback. The was sold locally.