Sold my 32gb iPhone 4, restore backup to a friends 16gb?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by asr10 user, Jul 27, 2012.

1. asr10 user macrumors regular

So I got caught in the moment and sold my 32gb iPhone 4 without really thinking about it, but am lucky because I did do a backup only two days ago. I really want to get some last contacts that did not seem to sync with my gmail acct, and also copy all my pics.

Most of my friends only have 16gb iP4's. Is it possible to restore to the 16gb iP4 and hope that my contacts/messages/pics are whats restored and not the apps?

2. asr10 user thread starter macrumors regular

Any ideas? I dont want to waste me and a friends time restoring to 16gb then back to mine.

3. batting1000 macrumors 604

I don't believe it restores apps, but I'm not really sure.

4. al0513 macrumors 6502

OP:

You should be able to. Make sure your friend's iPhone is backed up before restoring his. Go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Erase all content and settings.

This will wipe your friend's phone and you are able to set it up as a new phone. Just plug in your friends iPhone to your itunes and you shouldnt have any problem setting it up.

I'm guessing most of your 32GB was music/movies(if any movies at all), so they wont sync. But it will get all of your contacts onto that phone.