Sold my Apple Watch series 0. Is the 3 worth jumping back in?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by linkgx1, May 9, 2018.

1. linkgx1 macrumors 68000

Ok, used to wear my watch all the time and then stopped about a year in.

My main problems with series 0:

1. Slow, like no longer usable and slow. Even after a clean reinstall.
    2. Not waterproof (for the occasional swim).
    3. Was tethered to my phone. So if I go for a run, then I still gotta carry my big ass iPhone.
    4. Battery life. I wanted to be able to go about two days without having to recharge. The thing is once I take my watch off, I forget to charge it and end up forgetting about it weeks at a time.

Do you think Series 3 solves all of these or should I hold out for a couple more months and get a 4?

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

1.) The faster dual core processor with the Series 3 Apple Watch is immensely faster over the first generation Apple Watch and even 70% faster over the Series 2 Apple Watch. It’s not even comparable how different in terms of processing power the Series 3 is compared to the first generation Apple Watch.

2.) Series 3 is 50 Meter water resistant. The first Gen Watch is splash resistant.

3.) have the option of LTE if you want to take advantage of that, but you don’t have to initially use LTE if you purchase the Series 3 Apple Watch.

4.) Battery life is always objective for everyone, but I feel that the Series 3 is vastly improved with the battery life, also with the efficiency of the processor, and I could easily achieve two days without charging my Apple Watch. But again, it all depends how you’re using your Apple Watch.

3. CNebs macrumors member

Absolutely, had a Series 0 and upgraded to the 3 with LTE. Love it! It’s the watch it should have been when originally released. So much faster, LTE gives you more freedom, especially if you like to run or workout. I loved my Series 0, even with its limitations, but the 3 kills it for me.

4. MandiMac macrumors 6502a

5. Dino F macrumors 68030

Dino F

...don't know why people still mock the Series 0?!

I still have my 42mm Space Grey Series 0 and in reality, looks no different to other people's Series 1, 2 or 3 watches (there are several in my office!).

My Series 0 is still performing fine - notifications come through instantly, opening the stock Apple apps only take seconds (even the Maps app only takes a few seconds to get my GPS location) and my battery life is just fine (wearing it from 7am to 6:30pm every day, only uses half the battery per day - it goes on my nightstand charger every night).

I don't really use any third party apps so can't comment if these take longer to open up.

Unless Apple make any huge differences to the watch this year (as in shape wise), I don't think it'll even be worth me upgrading to the Series 4......

6. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I didn’t read anyone mocking the first generation Apple Watch in this thread at all, aside from others listing the general observations/experienced issues of the core differences between other models in comparison.