Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleGoddess

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 30, 2010
Sold it and love my MBA but really missing my iPad I think I might wait till next year and buy it and maybe sell the MBA,

Anyone else feel this way?

cas85

macrumors regular
May 4, 2010
i wouldn't do it b/c you will probably lose hundreds of $$$ in this deal. but if you don't care about the money, as long as you're happy thats what matters.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
I have to ask, if you can go back and forth between the iPad and MBA like that, what exactly are you using them for?

Me, I'd love to try the MBA, but I can't say I actually have any use for it. The iPad, on the other hand, I can barely put it down long enough to charge it up when the battery runs out. :D

Sixtafoua

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2009
Boston, MA
I thought of selling my iPad and buying a MBA, but it really doesn't make any sense for my purposes, as I am a student and the iPad is a much more compelling device for education.

I will, however sell my iPad the minute the invites for the iPad 2nd gen announcement get sent.

Oh, stupid people on craigslist, how I love you.

AppleGoddess

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 30, 2010
i wouldn't do it b/c you will probably lose hundreds of $$$ in this deal. but if you don't care about the money, as long as you're happy thats what matters.
I sold my 32G for 510.00 bought on launch my MBA 11.6 was a steal at 750.00 so think i will be fine there, and was given 250.00 in Best buy rewards zone points.

I have to ask, if you can go back and forth between the iPad and MBA like that, what exactly are you using them for?

Me, I'd love to try the MBA, but I can't say I actually have any use for it. The iPad, on the other hand, I can barely put it down long enough to charge it up when the battery runs out. :D
Really just surfing, however I love the fact i leave the ipad anywhere and never worry and love the battery life.

cas85

macrumors regular
May 4, 2010
some comments people have made make it seem like the ipad has been around for decades and the laptop is the device that just came out. people buy ipads and then discover a laptop is what they wanted all along.

nizmoz

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2008
some comments people have made make it seem like the ipad has been around for decades and the laptop is the device that just came out. people buy ipads and then discover a laptop is what they wanted all along.

Yea in a way, there hasn't been a laptop as light and as small as a ipad. Now there is and powerful. The ipads are so limited.

Ciclismo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
Germany
Yea in a way, there hasn't been a laptop as light and as small as a ipad. Now there is and powerful. The ipads are so limited.

To be honest I think that your statement is highly subjective. I too think that the iPad isn't super-capable, but it does what it does very well. The MBA, on the other hand is a "Jack-of-all-trades,master-of-none" in my opinion. It's great that it has a bit more processing power and a physical keyboard, but if I was going for more power then I'd go for something that is capable of being used for video editing, which the MBA is not. I'd also miss the ability to select between the 3 language keyboard layouts that I use on a regular basis on the iPad. Therefore for my use the MBA is too underpowered and I cannot justify the extra price - I'd rather stick to my iPad and eventually get a MBP.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.