Sold my iPad,Bought a MBA now waiting for next Rev.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by AppleGoddess, Nov 20, 2010.

1. AppleGoddess macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

Sold it and love my MBA but really missing my iPad I think I might wait till next year and buy it and maybe sell the MBA,

Anyone else feel this way?

2. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

3. cas85 macrumors regular

i wouldn't do it b/c you will probably lose hundreds of $$$ in this deal. but if you don't care about the money, as long as you're happy thats what matters.

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I have to ask, if you can go back and forth between the iPad and MBA like that, what exactly are you using them for?

Me, I'd love to try the MBA, but I can't say I actually have any use for it. The iPad, on the other hand, I can barely put it down long enough to charge it up when the battery runs out. :D

5. Sixtafoua macrumors 6502

Sixtafoua

I thought of selling my iPad and buying a MBA, but it really doesn't make any sense for my purposes, as I am a student and the iPad is a much more compelling device for education.

I will, however sell my iPad the minute the invites for the iPad 2nd gen announcement get sent.

Oh, stupid people on craigslist, how I love you.

6. AppleGoddess thread starter macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

I sold my 32G for 510.00 bought on launch my MBA 11.6 was a steal at 750.00 so think i will be fine there, and was given 250.00 in Best buy rewards zone points.

Really just surfing, however I love the fact i leave the ipad anywhere and never worry and love the battery life.

7. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Isn't the MBA overkill for just sufing? Unless you visit lots of flash sites, that is.

8. AppleGoddess thread starter macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

Yes, it really is, .

9. nizmoz macrumors 65816

Selling my IPAD for a MBA and won't look back. MBA can do much more.

10. cas85 macrumors regular

some comments people have made make it seem like the ipad has been around for decades and the laptop is the device that just came out. people buy ipads and then discover a laptop is what they wanted all along.

11. nizmoz macrumors 65816

Yea in a way, there hasn't been a laptop as light and as small as a ipad. Now there is and powerful. The ipads are so limited.

12. Ciclismo macrumors 6502a

Ciclismo

To be honest I think that your statement is highly subjective. I too think that the iPad isn't super-capable, but it does what it does very well. The MBA, on the other hand is a "Jack-of-all-trades,master-of-none" in my opinion. It's great that it has a bit more processing power and a physical keyboard, but if I was going for more power then I'd go for something that is capable of being used for video editing, which the MBA is not. I'd also miss the ability to select between the 3 language keyboard layouts that I use on a regular basis on the iPad. Therefore for my use the MBA is too underpowered and I cannot justify the extra price - I'd rather stick to my iPad and eventually get a MBP.