Sold my iPad1 to get iPad2...and I'm finding I don't miss it so much...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by HXGuy, Mar 4, 2011.

1. HXGuy macrumors 68000

Now don't get me wrong, I'm still buying it on day 1. :D

But I put my iPad on eBay and it's been in the box ready for the auction to end tomorrow, so I haven't used it for the last few days, and I don't miss it as much as I thought. I'm finding I'm just jumping on my computer a lot more because really 99% of my iPad use was for internet use.

Anyone else?

2. Kadin macrumors 6502a

Kadin

I just had the EXACT same realization this morning. It's funny you mentioned this because I thought I was going nuts. I actually questioned whether I was going to pick up the new one next week. Then of course I told myself I was being delusional...

3. Alx9876 macrumors 6502

Alx9876

When you get a bad case of splatter ass on the toilet you will remember why you needed the iPad in the first place. Much easier to bring in to the bathroom then lugging a huge laptop around with a dinner table lined up in front of you. :D

4. v66jack macrumors 6502a

v66jack

I've hardly used my iPad since about September, but after apples announcement I'm using it loads, for some reason.

5. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

My iPad basically replaced my Macbook for "around the home" use. The battery lasts way longer and it works perfect for just browsing forums or reading the news. I've also found that the iPad is 100 times more portable and I'm actually taking it when me when I head out to have a lunch or something.

6. Kadin macrumors 6502a

Kadin

Oh lord... :D

7. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I miss mine and don't like using my MB Pro too much outside of DJing and d/l'ing new music for gigs. I'm definitely looking forward to the 11th.

8. gri macrumors 6502a

gri

This qualifies as one of the weirdest post in this forum, no, make that on MacRumors. I am a physician so I don't care (bodily functions are part of the plan) but, seriously? Though I can see your point, I use my 1st generation iPhone on that place...

9. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

Thanks, now I need to clean up whatever amount of white russian I had in my mouth while reading your post.

10. advan031 macrumors 6502

I miss browsing comfortably on the couch or bed...lol I can't move my mbp easily since all my hd and monitor is attached. I'm back to browsing in my itty bitty iphone:p

11. SR71 macrumors 68000

To be completely honest... that's one of the things I miss the most since selling my iPad. ;)

12. yegon macrumors 68020

I sold my launch 32gb 3G in November when I bought an 11" mba. Not missed it much tbh, the only thing I really miss is reading comics and manga on it.

That said, I'm probably going to buy a base 16gb wifi when its released with the moolah I intended to blow on a 3DS - I'm just not feeling it based on the latters launch line up, whereas the lure of iPad 2 is too much :), and I've a number of iPad games that I wouldn't mind going back too. Plus, I can go the cheapest route this time since my mba is my main device for video/podcasts on the go these days.

3DS and iPad 2 launch on the same day here in the UK, for those that weren't aware.

13. Bootstrap Bill macrumors newbie

And now that the iPad 2 has a built in HD camera, you'll be ready to share the good news with the rest of the world.

14. brewno macrumors 6502

I also sold my iPad, it's been 2 months now and I miss it like crazy. I used to have magazines (even subscriptions) there, and a few Mad Magazines in PDF (http://goo.gl/gqSIJ) - and that pinball game I'd spend at least a few minutes a day. I had a few books there, and actually started reading again because of it.
    So yes, I miss it a lot. Can't wait for March 25th here in Canada.

15. SteveKnobs macrumors 6502

Holy CRAP dude...funniest thing I've read in a long time. Even my technology-retarded girlfriend got a kick out of it. Good stuff.

16. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I forgot my iPhone today. I left it on the kitchen counter as I headed off to work.

I'm lost without. Its more cumbersome to contact people, and the tools allows me to run, are no longer accessible.

I have an iPad, and I forgot that one day, I wouldn't feel the same way. In fact there's been times that I have not brought my iPad into work.

The iPhone is a tool that is necessary, the iPad is a luxury item that is not needed but fun to have

17. ShredderClay macrumors newbie

I am sort of wondering the same thing. I have mine for sell at Gazelle but waiting for their shipping box. I am planning on buying a MacBook Pro this year. I'm thinking about maybe just keeping that money to go towards it and waiting for iPad 3, which hopefully will have better resolution.

18. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

You miss getting bad cases of that?

19. SR71 macrumors 68000

No no no lol. I miss being able to use my iPad on the rare occasions that I do get bad cases of that. ;)

20. Coukos34 macrumors 6502

I have been having an aweful time without my iPad, but I do not own a laptop, I only have a desktop in an office. I used the iPad in my family room and used it almost exclusively instead of my desktop. Since it has been gone, I have been doing alot of surfing on my iPhone 4. It's just not the same.
    I can see others with laptops not really caring though

21. ecschwarz macrumors 6502a

ecschwarz

All I could think of with this post was the Seinfeld episode where George takes the book into the bathroom...I mean, the iPad is Apple's answer to books, right? It's only fitting.

22. Davichi macrumors 6502

Don't buy one, so other people can have it. Why the heck would anyone worry whether you get an iPad or not?

23. HengenJL macrumors 6502a

HengenJL

Quite possibly the funniest damn thing I've ever read on this forum. Almost sig worthy!

24. grawk macrumors 6502

grawk

I sold my 64gb 3g today. I am already missing it. I think I'm gonna get a kindle today to hold me until the 11th, and get a 16 wifi then.

25. LiloThePleo macrumors 6502

I'm dreading selling mine, it's the first thing I pick up in the morning and the last thing I use at night. Now I'm going to have to actually go and turn my computer on to check the forum gossip :(