Sold my Iphone 4, any of you selling now?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lamarak, Sep 13, 2011.

  1. Lamarak macrumors 6502

    Jun 8, 2010
    Well sold my iPhone 4 and yes I am getting the next iPhone regardless of what is released. Life is short and like having the newest gen of the iPhone. I will be using an inspire android that I won with a free years service in a raffle.Have 5 more months of free service, hopefully new phone out by then.

    Be my first time not having an iPhone for 4 years heh if even a few months but figured I could get a better price for my phone ( got 475 cash for 32g black with 1 year left on warranty ) selling it on Craigslist.

    Any of you selling your iPhone now or waiting to see what actually comes?
  2. Saberon macrumors 6502a

    Sep 16, 2008
    I actually just bought Applecare on my iPhone 4. It's such a jump from my 3GS and to be honest I'm 100% satisfied with it.

    I'm so excited for iOS 5 I can't even think straight.
  3. Ramio macrumors 6502a


    Sep 13, 2011
    Houston, TeXas
    I sold my iphone 4 3 weeks ago and now I'm anxiously waiting on the 4s/5!
  4. wordoflife macrumors 604


    Jul 6, 2009
    I'm waiting to see what comes out, just for the sake of it.
    I currently have a 3GS and I won't lie, it's pretty good for what I need, so If i'm not satisfied with the new iPhone, I might just use the money towards an iPad and get a new phone a little later.
  5. rockyroad55 macrumors 601


    Jul 14, 2010
    Phila, PA
    I'm going to put mine up for sale when those invites are sent out because the release shouldn't be too long from the event.
  6. AverisDaddy macrumors newbie

    Sep 13, 2011
    Soon!! Have to get the best price available before the 5 comes.
  7. sbddude macrumors 6502a

    Sep 27, 2010
    Nor Cal, USA
    Sold mine 3 weeks ago. Been using both an inspire 4g/3gs that I bought together for less than the iphone 4 sold for.
  8. vhl71 macrumors 6502

    Oct 8, 2009
    sold mine

    sold mine for a good price..going to buy a white iphone 4 today..plan is to return it if iphone5 comes out in a month and get the new iphone..i should be able to return it within 30days
  9. imotionb18 macrumors member

    Aug 5, 2011
  10. KrisEagling macrumors member


    Nov 10, 2010
    London, UK
    Sold mine the other day through eBay, got £390 for it, pretty pleased. Now using a Vodafone 345, which is just a phone and nothing more...

    Hope the wait isn't too long :)

  11. Simm0nS777 macrumors 6502a

    Jul 15, 2010
    Northeast Ohio
    Would this work? I know it's not the most ethical thing but I don't have a backup phone and would like to sell my 3GS before the 5 comes out to get max value.
  12. vitzr macrumors 68030


    Jul 28, 2011
    I'm not selling my iPhone 4, however I am going to pass on the iPhone 5. The very first iPhone that I've skipped over.

    My decision is based on all I know about the current A6 project, the hybrid OS and the fact that iPhone 6 will most definitively be of greater significance than iPhone 5.

    iPhone 5 will be good and certainly better than 4, because Apple has learned it's lessons during the Antennagate debacle. They've hired antenna specialists and I believe that Steve may have relaxed his death grip on the idea of style over substance, so the iPhone 5 will be a much better phone.

    Yet that said, Apple is still behind the others when it comes to screen size and other considerations. As a long time Apple customer I do know that there are times when it just takes a year or so for Apple to get into acceptance about what is going on in the marketplace. Once they do, they produce really great models.

    Like the new MBA, it's a great example. After it's major redesign it was still lacking, so Apple was sure to include the right stuff in the 2011 model.

    It's so much better than my 2010 was it's not funny. I really like my Apple computers :)
  13. vhl71 macrumors 6502

    Oct 8, 2009
    It might not work. The return policy is 14days with less than 30min talk time.
    So I might not be able to return it if I buy the white iphone4. Right now, I'm using my 1st gen still works!!
    l don't think i can wait for very long. if there is no announcement in the next 2 weeks i'll buy the iphone 4
  14. jekyoo macrumors 6502

    Sep 11, 2007
    I sell mine a week before the keynote. Lots of people on craigslist don't keep up with the tech blogs so the price of the i4's are still good on the grey market.
  15. ScKcBc macrumors regular

    Jun 23, 2010
    Kind of funny to me that your already saying your going to skip the phone when you have no definitive clue of what the next phone is gong to be.
  16. The Game 161 macrumors P6

    The Game 161

    Dec 15, 2010
    Giving the 4 to my girlfriend

    I wont be getting the 5 till december most likely but still love my 4 and now the wait will be better given the fact i have iOS 5 to use until then

    Anybody else getting the 5 a month or so after release?
  17. Hey! macrumors member

    Nov 7, 2010
    Really ?! Hey, I'm skipping the 5 too! waiting for iPhone 100 that has a100 and powers off sunlight energy!
  18. jmm74 macrumors newbie

    May 12, 2010
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A5313e Safari/7534.48.3)

    Sold mine 1 month ago for $546 on Craigslist. Using my old 3GS on ios5 beta while waiting for the new phone, whatever it may be.
  19. mstrze macrumors 68000

    Nov 6, 2009
    Even to the point of NOT HAVING an iPhone for 1-2 months while you wait for the next iteration?

    I have a 3G and will be upgrading in the fall, assuming my finances are stout. I upgraded my wife to the 4 back in March. Bought her a refurb...would do a '5' refurb, but don't think I can wait that long. My 3G is a reeeeeal drag on anything that requires GPS location information like maps or FaceBook.

    I've waited this long, I can wait another couple of months...maybe?

    What I could NOT do is be without any model of iPhone for a couple of months. :(
  20. lulla01 macrumors 68020


    Jul 13, 2007
    sold a verizon iPhone 4 16gb white for 400

    sold my white iPhone 4 for verizon for around 400
  21. danpass macrumors 68020


    Jun 27, 2009
    Miami, FL

    No one has any idea what the 'new' one will be like and manzana isn't talking
  22. disarticulate macrumors regular

    Jun 21, 2010
    Sold my iPhone 4 AT&T 16GB on eBay a few days ago for $425. I was trying to get rid of it before the market gets flooded.

    Currently using a iPhone 3G and it's rough :-/
  23. greytmom macrumors 68040


    Jun 23, 2010
    Nah. Won't sell until I see what the new features will be. If I don't like, will stick with the 4.

    Even if I do go with a 5, may keep the 4 anyway.
  24. LoganT macrumors 68020

    Jan 9, 2007
    I have a price locked in at for 259.

Share This Page