Sold my iPhone 4...Any Prepaid phone recommendation or How to get full size SIM card

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nowstime, Sep 9, 2012.

1. nowstime macrumors regular

Just sold my iPhone 4 in anticipation of getting the new iPhone 5 in a few weeks.

I'm phoneless now and need a replacement for about 3 weeks. Currently with AT&T.

Friend of mine has a iPhone 3GS which takes a full size SIM card but I only have a MicroSIM from my iPhone 4. How can I get a full size SIM from AT&T? Is it simple as walking in an AT&T store and buy or ask for a full size with my phone number and info transferred?

I have already fulfilled my contract and sold the iPhone 4 unlocked. Will asking for a full size SIM card void any part of my contract with AT&T (using unlimited data or something)?

Also is there any prepaid phones that I can easily use my microSIM card?

Any input will help and hope everybody has a great week...

2. snook911 macrumors 6502a

Last year with the 4 and this year with the 4s I sold them early and went back to my old 3G while waiting for the new phone to come out. Just brought the 3G into the at&T store and told them I got rrid of the phone and needed a full size sim for the iphone 3G. It only took about 5 minutes and they got me a new sim and I was out of there.

3. nowstime thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks...so I guess asking for a full size should affect my unlimited data or any eligibility for the iPhone 5 right?

4. moosquared macrumors regular

moosquared

It should not affect your unlimited data. I did it multiple times. Changed from micro to regular and back to micro. Even had them switch it to a Blackberry plan and back to iPhone again. :D

5. dazlicous macrumors 6502a

dazlicous

I have just used one of them 99p adaptors that you put micro sim in to make it a standard sim since i sold my ip4 last week to use in a old se phone