Sold my iPhone, but did I mess it up? I activated using iTunes before selling...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by wangchunggti337, Jun 18, 2009.

1. wangchunggti337 macrumors regular

wangchunggti337

I just sold my iPhone a couple days ago to an ATT goPhone user. After I reset it using the erase all feature under settings the phone was only able to make emergency calls. I plugged it into my computer to activate it. After that the new user was able to plug their ATT sim into the phone and it worked just fine.

My question is, since I synced it with iTunes before selling it, will I have any ties to the phone? Will this prevent me in any way from getting another iPhone? Anything in general I should be concerned about?

I'm probably being paranoid, but I appreciate the help.

2. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

No, but it will probably be logged into your iTunes account. Thats about it.

3. 103734 Guest

Yea im worried about this, I just sold my 3G about 30 mins ago, I restored it before I sold it but it was activated, I just took out my sim card when I gave it to the guy. I changed my iTunes/email passwords too after I sold it.

If I restored it without restoring all my games/music/contacts than all my passwords and other information will be off it too right?

My friend called AT&T right now because he is selling his and they said the person he sold it to will have to sign a new contract, I'm not sure if thats true :confused:

4. TehBest macrumors member

Yes it is true. Unless he already has an account, hell have to start a new one. You took the sim card out, and that is all that matters. The phone will have to be re registered to a new sim card under his account to work.