Sold my iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hubble1990, Jan 18, 2008.

1. hubble1990 macrumors member

Well I thought I'd never see the day but I'm happy to say that I sold my iphone last week and have no regrets.

I never thought I'd get rid to be honest, but for me it just didn't;t do anything for me.
    I know there may be many of you out there now thinking "what!!!!" is he talking about.

The main reason I sold it was because I felt I wasn't getting enough out of the phone. you tube weather app - already have it on my laptop, same goes for contacts, calendar etc. Maps, stocks and camera - I never use.

I didn't like the feel of SMS either. Spending ten minutes trying to tell the iphone that's how I want to spell a particular word
    is not my idea of fun. No MMS and the Bluetooth feature was a waste of time.
    Most importantly the call quality was very poor indeed.

I wanted to go back to a simple phone, Something easy to use and navigate,
    Now you're all probably saying "why did I get it it" and the answer is I guess because I'm an apple addict I caught up in the hysteria and thought it was a beautiful phone.

In all I love apple but the phone is a no go. I appreciate that it's their first attempt at the mobile market, but for me I'm going back to Nokia.

Sorry Steve

2. Chrysaor macrumors 6502

You should have jailbroken it, 3rd party apps are much more interesting than anything Apple has to offer.

3. Monk Edsel macrumors regular

...Or waited for the next update, which I suppose will support 3rd party apps.

4. hockeysc23 macrumors regular

Yeah, with SDK coming in Feb, I would think now is the time to keep it. I have thought at times do I really need this in my iphone?

No, but do I love the interface, syncing with my mac, the ability to upgrade, and having the real internet with me ... yes.

Sorry you didn't love your iphone but I do believe there is a lot more this machine can do and we are just getting started.

5. SpankWare macrumors regular

What is the point of posting on an iphone forum that you didn't like it and sold it. Does anybody really care? So you like nokia. Big deal you can have my wife's. She has an iPhone now.

Hope your laptop and simple phone serve you well. I'll stick with one device that works everywhere and fits in my pocket.

6. Derekuda macrumors 6502

Derekuda

To each his own. If he doesent want his iphone, let him be.

7. erandall38 macrumors 6502

I agree he should jailbroken it and seen that. But that is not for everyone, and if he does not like it then its his thing.
    BUT I do think it would have been smart to at least wait till February for the SDK and see what came out. I hope nothing comes out that upsets the OP

8. pacohaas macrumors 6502a

Maybe there was something wrong with yours, my call quality is just fine, nowhere near "very poor indeed". Also, selling it a month before the SDK is almost as bad as buying it 2 weeks before the pricedrop.

9. Cousin Dirk macrumors 6502a

Well, I must say that the call quality of my iPhone has been exceptional, better than any other phone I've owned.

And also I've found the iPhone to be exceptionally easy to use and navigate... sorry mate, it sounds like either you've not had the best of luck, or the iPhone is just simply not for you.

10. pacohaas macrumors 6502a

At the very least you should have unlocked it and sold it on ebay. An unlocked 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 iPhone goes for about $600 on there. Heck, even an unhacked 1.1.1 goes for $500 because of the unlocking potential. I hope you got more than you paid for it OP.

11. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

Can you imagine trying to sell a used Razr?
    Your lucky it was an iPhone and had some value.

12. domness macrumors 6502a

domness

Why is everyone saying the call quality is good?!

I mean I have an iPhone and I bloody love it to bits!! But.. the call quality is not good at all. It varies day to day and just doesn't have quality.

13. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

must be where you are: I find the call quality absolutely fantastic and far better than anything I've had before. It's also the only phone I've seen hold onto it's signal in the elevators at work. On top of that it's the first phone out of 5 I've tried that works properly on my Honda hands free without making me sound like a Dalek when i'm at traffic lights. For me, not only is it a superb gadget, it's also the best phone in terms of call quality I've ever had (and I've had plenty!)

14. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Nothing to be sorry about. If it doesn't fit your needs, then you are doing the right thing by getting rid of it.

15. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

That is not an iPhone issue (unless yours is broken) it's a service issue and you need to notify your carrier. They take coverage complaints and the more they get for any area the more chance that you will get better coverage installed.

16. 4phun macrumors member

If any one else reaches this point I have got to ask, are you a product of our public education system? Anyone else would have gone into settings and turned off auto correct which would have eliminated the spelling 'feature' of the iPhone.

Personally I can fly inputting text in the iTouch interface using it in the horizontal mode with auto correct on.

17. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Well, that, and you can reject the spelling suggestion by clicking on the drop-down corrected word.

For the record, I love my iPhone. It does everything I could want it to do, except push mail (I know Yahoo does it, but from all accounts, it sucks).

And webapps are surprisingly good and functional, and with the 1.1.3 update and home screen customization, it got even better. JiveTalk works pretty well, Bejeweled is awesome for killing time at the airport, and MuniTime which I just found out about, is just awesome.

Can't wait for that SDK!

18. Surely Guest

Surely

What were you thinking when you posted the above comment? This site is for members to express their views, both positive and negative. hubble1990's post was totally acceptable, yours.... not so much.

:apple:Fanboy much?

19. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

LOL So true.
    But really.
    I've heard good and bad on the call quality but have found this to be a phone that doesn't lack in call quality for me. That is so long as I'm not in my house. In less than a week I will be moving to a place and using my cell as my only phone and I'm confident this will be ok for me as most have said this is one of the better phones I've had in a while. I find there are some things lacking in the iPhone but so far not enough to make me question why I bought it.

20. Surely Guest

Surely

Good to hear you're enjoying your iPhone. I'm looking forward to getting mine in about 4 weeks.

I was hoping for a 16GB announcement at MWSF, but I'll be just fine with 8GB. Ever since I replaced my 30GB 5G iPod with my current 8GB iPod nano, I've realized that I don't need to have all of my media on me at all times. I actually like it when I want to listen to something and I don't have it on my iPod, because it makes me want to listen to it even more!

What are the "some things" that you feel the iPhone is lacking?