Sold out? Or can we get the 4S freely now?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MMAMAN, Nov 6, 2011.

1. MMAMAN macrumors newbie

I wanna get it from the ATT site but someone told me they are sold out everywhere, true?

2. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

Online ATT has unlimited stock. In store ATT varies.

3. jokemjokester macrumors member

jokemjokester

Just reserve on Apple.com and pick up next day at your nearest Apple Store

4. ericg301 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

You'll never get it freely. $199/299 on contract ;-)

5. MMAMAN thread starter macrumors newbie

Cool thanks guys, glad to here! Now I can leave Android behind!!

6. Solange82200, Nov 6, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2011

Solange82200 macrumors regular

I ordered my 4s online yesterday from apple and shipping time is Nov 21st through Nov 28. Why is that if there is unlimited stock?

I just checked "reserve and pick up" from the stores in my area, and the 4s just says Unavailable, so I guess it depends on your area. So basically, no guarantee that you can reserve and pick it up tomorrow as stated above. Definitely try first though, in case you get lucky in your area.

7. XXFirefighter macrumors regular

Sounds normal to me...
    Did you try overnight shipping?

8. Solange82200 macrumors regular

I dont remember seeing the option.. I ordered from the app though (the apple store app). It sounds normal to me too, I was ok with the time till I saw people on here saying I could get it tomorrow by walking in the store, then I was like why the hell am i waiting two to three weeks for lol? But I guess it depends on your area. I live in Miami and you have to buy everything online, I dont know if its because of the tourists who come four times a year to buy everything and anything for cheaper, or just the fact that so many people live here, but its impossible to find anything that;s even remotely popular in stores...

9. Jmclark macrumors regular

10. dave006 macrumors 68020

:eek:
    No, AT&T Online does not have an unlimited stock, heck even Apple.com is showing ships: 1-2 wks.

Supply varies by region. AT&T Online store is sill working backorders so if you order today, don't expect it this week.

The reserve and pickup tomorrow at the Apple store also has some limites again based on region. Reserve status is updated at 9 PM local time, so if you want one tomorrow, be online a few minutes early with multiple browsers open on your local store to get the best change on a reserve.

Summary: iPhone 4S is still supply contrained in the USA for AT&T.

Dave

11. forcetactic macrumors 6502

Reserve availability only shows 9-12pm so any other time, it will list as "unavailable" I believe

12. d0ster macrumors regular

Ive said this in a couple of other threads and I'll say it again, try RadioShack. I went in yesterday and picked up a black 16GB for VZW and they had plenty left in stock for all carriers. This was after trying 5 different VZW stores, Apple store, and Best Buy. Good luck!

13. davidr2340 macrumors newbie

I ordered from Verizon over the phone this afternoon... Ships 11/11.

:cool:

14. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I think the lists are still long. I placed an order at Sprint for a 32GB Black 4S 3 weeks ago and I haven't heard word yet. I purchased a $50 gift card to get my name on the list. I was told last week I am now no#1, but this evening I received an email from Best Buy, without purchasing a gift card, that I can pickup my 4S tonight. Placed this order just last week. They'll hold it until the 8th. So now I have to go to Sprint and apply my gift card to my account before I commit with Best Buy otherwise I may forfeit the $50.

15. ame8199 macrumors 6502

I ordered a 4s off of AT&T on the 2nd and it said it'll ship 21-28 days. I got the shipping notice on the 5th...it'll be here on the 8th

16. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I have noticed that it is still very hard to find AT&T phones while Sprint and Verizon are easy to find every day.

17. pdxa4 macrumors 6502

Yep seeing this also...

I've been trying the Reserve option on the Apple website for several nights in a row. Depends by store typically, but I do see 32G and 16G AT&T ones appearing briefly, however I'm after a 64G one. I just saw one appear but at a store too distant from me...I'm in the Bay Area CA so I have several store choices in my area.
    As for VRZ and Sprint I'm seeing pretty much any option available for the first few mins of the Reserve option after 9PM.

I'll try for two more nights, and after that I'll just order from Apple and wait...I've had bad experiences in the past at Best Buy and AT&T stores so I avoid going near them when I can...

18. hexonxonx macrumors 601

They still have the 64Gb Sprint phones available at two stores here in Colorado if I wanted to leave AT&T which I don't.

Like you, I will give it a short time here, maybe 1-2 more days and then just order one online.

19. pdxa4 macrumors 6502

I just decided to stop the chase last night, and went ahead and ordered a 64G AT&T from Apple.com...

20. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

Just figure i'd post my random success so others don't give up!!! I was probably a day away from ordering mine online.

I've been looking for a 4s for the past week, since i got my upgrade moved up to Nov 1st from the 25th.

Last night i had tried the reservation system, both of my local apple stores had some, hardly any AT&T and none of them were 16GB.

Today i figured "Hey its a brand new week, been awhile since the 4s came out, maybe people got lots of shipments" So i start calling up AT&T stores, not a single one has a 4s. Still hopeful. I get online and check best buy and i see every store in the area has one available in store only (yay!), however i start calling around to be sure and they were being sold out of 16GB versions as i was on the phone. Little discouraged. I decide to call the closest Apple store near me (there are 2) and they have not a single AT&T version of the phone.

I gave up, i went back to work and about 10 min later, i said "screw it might as well call the other apple store"

I called them up and what do you know, they had just gotten a huge shipment about an hour before. I raced over there at about 80 mph and ran in there and snatched one up!

So, keep trying the reservation system, and even if you don't see one available the night before, it doesn't hurt trying to call/go to the store the next day. The shipments they get don't show up till the morning it seems (don't quote me on that i don't know for sure), so their reservation system is just a best guess of how many of each phone they will have i'm thinking.

Good luck everyone! I know it was worth it to drive like a mad man to get my 4s!!!

21. nfl46 macrumors 603

Ordered on the 28th, still on backorder...AT&T instore

22. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

You are better off just ordering from Apple. I have been trying to get a AT&T 64GB black phone for several days using the reservation system and at other local stores (Best Buy, AT&T Stores, etc). Nothing.

Ordered the phone on Saturday from Apple and today (Monday) the status changed to "Preparing for shipment".

23. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I reserved a white iphone 4S 32 GB on 10/20/11 using the apple.com reservation system and picked it up on 10/21/11 8 AM. (This was 1 week after the launch date).

24. Cicatrix macrumors 6502

I ordered in store as well. Do you know if it is possible to cancel your in store order and purchase at a retail Apple store, Best Buy or similar stores?

25. 100Teraflops, Nov 7, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2011

100Teraflops macrumors 6502a

100Teraflops

Two Thumbs Up for Radio Shack

Last Saturday, me and mom hunted for a white, AT&T 16 GB 4s. My local Apple store received what turned out to be a potential iPhone shipment early afternoon, but there were no AT&T 16 GB phones included in the shipment. So, out of desperation, I called Radio Shack and they had a few phones in stock, but none at my local store. To make a long story short: an AT&T Rep working at Radio Shack drove twice to pickup a 4s, then exchange a black phone for a white phone for my mom. Then, he said he would wave her activation fee to boot! Damn lucky! Radio Shack earned the sale and our respect!! :) People should check with their local Radio Shack for 4s availability. At one point, my mom was willing to buy a black 16 or even a white/black 32, but thanks to Radio Shack and a AT&T rep, she received exactly what she wanted without compromising her choice of white over black.

I did not expect much from Radio Shack, as they proved to be more reliable and concerned with my mother's iPhone purchase than she was. We called several stores and only Radio Shack and Best Buy had 4s' in stock. So, the 4s is still a highly sought after phone. Honestly, it was one hell of a journey to find an AT&T 16 GB 4s. Unless one enjoys shopping around, then placing an order from your favorite retail store is an ideal choice.