Solution for not getting an early upgrade from At&t or VZW

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lzyprson, Sep 13, 2012.

1. lzyprson macrumors regular

Well Folks, its still early, and At&t may still budge (as they normally do for long term customers), but I may have come up with a solution on how to subsidize that $250 early-upgrade fee At&t is offering to customers.

Jack up the prices of all iphones, that are unlocked, on ebay!! a 64gb iphone 4S should be worth $500 - $550.00 off contract. Prices of new phones, with new 2-year agreements, do not dicate the value of these things!! I paid almost $900 for this phone in November of last year! There's no way that an apple product decreased in value (unless its broken or was taken care of irresponibly) by 50% in 11months!!! I sold a late 2007 24inch iMac last month for $800 - paid $1900 for it in December of 2007. Apple products do not lose their value unless they are damaged.

Does this make sense to anyone else?

2. OMGbrandon macrumors 6502

OMGbrandon

Supply and Demand, man.
    No one wants iPhone 4S anymore, they all want a iPhone 5.

3. nostresshere macrumors 68030

None of what you post makes sense to me.

1 - How would YOU, or even a handful of US jack up the prices on ebay. It is a big market.

2 - Why would anyone pay $900 for an iphone?

3 - Makes no sense to me.

4. lzyprson thread starter macrumors regular

Hey No Stress..

wanted to check back in with you buddy. I sold my Att iPhone 64gb for 560 dollars last week. It was one year old. Factory unlocked added an additional $140 to the value of the phone because At&t models come equipped with support for GSM and CDMA. I was being a little dramatic with the $900 quote, but wanted to confirm with you that the Market for those phones specifically are dictating a higher resale value now.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That is false.
    You can never use a factory unlocked GSM iphone 4S with a CDMA carrier.
    Even though the hardware are included inside the 4S.

6. lzyprson thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks apple juiced. Assuming that the appeal is the "world phone" aspect for people overseas since most use GSM... thanks for calirfying, the buyer was specifically looking for the At&T version so i must have misinterperted our communications.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, with AT&T and any GSM carrier he will be fine.