Some actual good news on how the chief of staff will bring order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darksithpro

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 27, 2016
@LizKat might actually like this one. So general Kelly is cracking down in the dysfunctional west wing of the WH. He's got some new policies and procedures, and is basically not letting anyone near the POTUS, even his family during work hours. There's one, specific, big change that might be of particular interest to a lot of you when it comes to President Trump.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-04/general-kelly-unveils-his-plans-restore-order-trumps-white-house

"Among the clearest changes since Mr. Kelly’s arrival is a more careful review of information, from statements of fact to news reports, before it goes to the president’s desk, a White House official said. News articles and policy proposals will first be run through Mr. Kelly, in part to reduce the risk of erroneous material appearing on the presidential Twitter feed.

Mr. Kelly is also cracking down on what the White House official calls “paper”—unsolicited policy ideas that have made it to the president’s desk, and sometimes into his public statements, without serious review by his top-level staff.

Best of all, nobody will be spared Kelly's rules: they extend to Trump’s family, including son-in-law Jared Kushner and daughter Ivanka Trump, who serve as official advisers in the White House and have their own staffs; both now report to Kelly instead of directly to the president, as does Steve Bannon. Better yet, staffers no longer loiter outside an open Oval Office door, hoping to catch the president’s eye to be waved in for a chat or the chance to pitch a new idea. That door is now closed.

In true army fashion, aides can’t linger outside the chief of staff’s office, either.

White House staff waiting to see Mr. Kelly—or other senior advisers in nearby suites—are asked to remain in the lobby, where White House visitors sit on couches and can read a selection of daily newspapers.

In an amazing development, Kelly’s new process is said to have has slowed the president’s use of Twitter. As reported on Wednesday, the chief of staff also reassured Attorney General Jeff Sessions he isn’t on the verge of being fired, after sustained public criticism by the president, and he has instructed the often-feuding factions in the White House to “get their act together” before bringing an issue before the commander-in-chief."

So, there you guys go. Kelly is going to do some extreme vetting when it comes to the President getting accurate information and it should have a direct impact on his tweeting.

bopajuice

Suspended
Mar 22, 2016
Dark side of the moon
@LizKat might actually like this one. So general Kelly is cracking down in the dysfunctional west wing of the WH. He's got some new policies and procedures, and is basically not letting anyone near the POTUS, even his family during work hours. There's one, specific, big change that might be of particular interest to a lot of you when it comes to President Trump.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-04/general-kelly-unveils-his-plans-restore-order-trumps-white-house

"Among the clearest changes since Mr. Kelly’s arrival is a more careful review of information, from statements of fact to news reports, before it goes to the president’s desk, a White House official said. News articles and policy proposals will first be run through Mr. Kelly, in part to reduce the risk of erroneous material appearing on the presidential Twitter feed.

Mr. Kelly is also cracking down on what the White House official calls “paper”—unsolicited policy ideas that have made it to the president’s desk, and sometimes into his public statements, without serious review by his top-level staff.

Best of all, nobody will be spared Kelly's rules: they extend to Trump’s family, including son-in-law Jared Kushner and daughter Ivanka Trump, who serve as official advisers in the White House and have their own staffs; both now report to Kelly instead of directly to the president, as does Steve Bannon. Better yet, staffers no longer loiter outside an open Oval Office door, hoping to catch the president’s eye to be waved in for a chat or the chance to pitch a new idea. That door is now closed.

In true army fashion, aides can’t linger outside the chief of staff’s office, either.

White House staff waiting to see Mr. Kelly—or other senior advisers in nearby suites—are asked to remain in the lobby, where White House visitors sit on couches and can read a selection of daily newspapers.

In an amazing development, Kelly’s new process is said to have has slowed the president’s use of Twitter. As reported on Wednesday, the chief of staff also reassured Attorney General Jeff Sessions he isn’t on the verge of being fired, after sustained public criticism by the president, and he has instructed the often-feuding factions in the White House to “get their act together” before bringing an issue before the commander-in-chief."

So, there you guys go. Kelly is going to do some extreme vetting when it comes to the President getting accurate information and it should have a direct impact on his tweeting.
Sounds like the President has a handler just like they do in the WWF.

LizKat

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Sounds like the President has a handler just like they do in the WWF.
Let's face it, most CEOs have gatekeepers, whatever name they go by. The sane ones appreciate having one. The others tolerate it because the board of directors said accept it or you're gone.
[doublepost=1501906950][/doublepost]
And you're right, I'm a fan of this approach. Now if it will work out consistently, keeping him focused and calm, and if he'll just lean a little to the left when Congress returns from recess... :D

bopajuice

Suspended
Mar 22, 2016
Dark side of the moon
Let's face it, most CEOs have gatekeepers, whatever name they go by. The sane ones appreciate having one. The others tolerate it because the board of directors said accept it or you're gone.
[doublepost=1501906950][/doublepost]

And you're right, I'm a fan of this approach. Now if it will work out consistently, keeping him focused and calm, and if he'll just lean a little to the left when Congress returns from recess... :D
Agreed. But we are not talking about a CEO. We are dealing with a circus handler here. Trump had no political experience. A reality TV show could not prepare someone to lead the free world. And we wonder why there is such confusion and discord in his house?

Last edited:

darksithpro

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 27, 2016
Now if it will work out consistently, keeping him focused and calm, and if he'll just lean a little to the left when Congress returns from recess...

He should be reaching to both sides of the isle. During his campaign he said he makes great deals, that means working with both sides. Hopefully a marine General can bring order to chaos. Just the fact that Bannon has to go though Kelly will mean Trump doesn't get that extreme element of info that would later pipe down into his tweets.

fitshaced

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2011
What exactly is the point of Trump then if he needs a child minder for himself? He tries to make decisions based on snippets from Fox News or his life long racist ignorance and so now he will be spoon fed the facts so that he doesn’t make himself look like a moron. The US would be much better off without a president until the next election.

This is basically keeping someone in charge by title simply because of the mistake to appoint him cannot be reversed. The people need protection from such a massive election mistake. Incompetence should be a reason too lose the biggest job in the world.

darksithpro

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 27, 2016
What exactly is the point of Trump then if he needs a child minder for himself?

Not for himself, but to vet out people, who normally would never have access to Trump. I suspect most people in the WH had free rein to Trump. They where probably giving him tons of inaccurate information and suggesting policies and ideas that did not go through the proper channels.

Reactions: Rhonindk and LizKat

fitshaced

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2011
Not for himself, but to vet out people, who normally would never have access to Trump. I suspect most people in the WH had free rein to Trump. They where probably giving him tons of inaccurate information and suggesting policies and ideas that did not go through the proper channels.
But that’s because he can’t control himself from telling everyone his secrets as a way to show off. Trump is probably the most childish of all the children in the WH and causes his own problems. Remove him and don’t appoint anyone else and the US would immediately be far better off.

What’s incredible is how balanced the republicans seem to be when stood next to Trump.

Reactions: arkitect

darksithpro

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 27, 2016
But that’s because he can’t control himself

I think it might actually be the other way around. For example I bet Bannon, Conway, Trump's daughter and son in law had unrestricted access to him in the oval office. They bring up some recent event in the news, probably a conservative slated one. Trump, trusting his inner circle gets upset and tweets it, or speaks out about it and it ends up being false, or a half truth, then the media has a field day. By going through Kelly, the general can take their complaints and information and have his staff fact check the information, saving Trump from any future embarrassing tweet, or comment. That doesn't mean Trump is incapable, that just means the flow of information to him was chaotic and not accurate. By nominating Kelly, Trump may have realized that people with their agendas should be properly vetted, so he can be can be the best prepared with accurate information.

Last edited:

LizKat

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
What exactly is the point of Trump then if he needs a child minder for himself? He tries to make decisions based on snippets from Fox News or his life long racist ignorance and so now he will be spoon fed the facts so that he doesn’t make himself look like a moron. The US would be much better off without a president until the next election.

This is basically keeping someone in charge by title simply because of the mistake to appoint him cannot be reversed. The people need protection from such a massive election mistake. Incompetence should be a reason too lose the biggest job in the world.
All pretty much true! The fact is the Constitution sticks us with him unless he does something for which the House feels like impeaching him, which it will only do if it thinks the voters are up for that, and if the Senate feels like removing him, which clearly it would do yesterday for a thin Liberty dime.

Or, we could try out that flakey Article 25 Section 4 gig which everyone who reads it and considers Trump rolls eyes and figures that's a nonstarter.

Maybe Kelly will prove a good minder and Trump will actually improve. This I doubt but I'm willing to let it make me happy for a weekend's worth of positive thinking. I guess I'd have to stay off Twitter to be sure.

fitshaced

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2011
I think it might actually be the other way around. For example I bet Bannon, Conway, Trump's daughter and son in law had unrestricted access to him in the oval office. They bring up some recent event in the news, probably a conservative slated one. Trump, trusting his inner circle gets upset and tweets it, or speaks out about it and it ends up being false, or a half truth, then the media has a field day. By going through Kelly, the general can take their complaints and information and have his staff fact check the information, saving Trump from any future embarrassing tweet, or comment. That doesn't mean Trump is incapable, that just means the flow of information to him was chaotic and not accurate. By nominating Kelly, Trump may have realized that people with their agendas should be properly vetted, so he can be can be the best prepared with accurate information.
But these are senior advisers that Trump himself appointed. That means he is incapable. Plus, nearly everything else he does proves he is incapable. The leaks are important so that we can see it in it’s fullest. World leaders aren’t tweeting about that moron in the Whitehouse so leaks of transcripts of phone call conversations fare actually important for us, even if they are bad for Trump. If I acted without verification on any suggestion given to me, I should expect that I would look stupid. Trump calls himself one of the great CEOs yet this suggests he is wealthy by association to others who make the big decisions and do the proper fact checking.

Plenty of evidence to prove that Trump is incapable.

blackfox

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2003
PDX
Not that the OP is a bad development, per se - but it seems akin to figuring out staff scheduling on the Titanic...

darksithpro

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 27, 2016
To be fair Trump did nominate Kelly, and so far the general is doing a good job. Like you guys said earlier, Trump has no previous Government experience, so it was predictable things would be disorganized from the start. This is true for anyone who's never been in that line of work. You're gonna have growing pains at the start, but you learn from your mistakes and make policy changes to make things function as it should. By picking an organized marine, it does appear Trump is learning and adapting to his new role.
[doublepost=1501910086][/doublepost]
But these are senior advisers that Trump himself appointed.
He's corrected that mistake, by nominating Kelly as chief of staff, like I said and you guys said, he's never been in this line of work. It takes time to learn and work out the kinks.

blackfox

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2003
PDX
To be fair Trump did nominate Kelly, and so far the general is doing a good job. Like you guys said earlier, Trump has no previous Government experience, so it was predictable things would be disorganized from the start. This is true for anyone who's never been in that line of work. You're gonna have growing pains at the start, but you learn from your mistakes and make policy changes to make things function as it should. by picking an organized marine, it does appear Trump is learning and adapting to his new role.
If, by "learning from your mistakes" - that means a combination of hiring people to essentially do your job for you and/or be competent enough to let Trump be whatever he wants - then sure. I admire Kelly and McMasters for their service - and they're smart people - but I don't expect either to last long. It's the epitome of a thankless job(s)...

fitshaced

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2011
To be fair Trump did nominate Kelly, and so far the general is doing a good job. Like you guys said earlier, Trump has no previous Government experience, so it was predictable things would be disorganized from the start. This is true for anyone who's never been in that line of work. You're gonna have growing pains at the start, but you learn from your mistakes and make policy changes to make things function as it should. By picking an organized marine, it does appear Trump is learning and adapting to his new role.
[doublepost=1501910086][/doublepost]
He's corrected that mistake, by nominating Kelly as chief of staff, like I said and you guys said, he's never been in this line of work. It takes time to learn and work out the kinks.
He’d appointed his daughter as senior adviser. I don’t think he gets a pass simply because appointing Kelly looks like a good idea. If he needs someone to show him exactly how to do his job, he’s either in the wrong job or should walk around with a ‘Trainee’ sticker on his shirt. It would at least suggest he is aware that he is in training and isn’t the greatest president of all time because he moved into the White House.

Reactions: JayMysterio

darksithpro

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 27, 2016
If, by "learning from your mistakes" - that means a combination of hiring people to essentially do your job for you and/or be competent enough to let Trump be whatever he wants - then sure. I admire Kelly and McMasters for their service - and they're smart people - but I don't expect either to last long. It's the epitome of a thankless job(s)...

Well, lets see how it pans out. Never known a Marine to give up, especially a General. Maybe all this admin needed was discipline and structure to get out it's agenda. Something a Marine can certainly provide.
[doublepost=1501910548][/doublepost]
He’d appointed his daughter as senior adviser. I don’t think he gets a pass simply because appointing Kelly looks like a good idea. If he needs someone to show him exactly how to do his job, he’s either in the wrong job or should walk around with a ‘Trainee’ sticker on his shirt. It would at least suggest he is aware that he is in training and isn’t the greatest president of all time because he moved into the White House.

By nominating Kelly he definitely did take a step in the right direction. He was under no obligation to pick Kelly.

Reactions: Rhonindk

blackfox

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2003
PDX
Well, lets see how it pans out. Never known a Marine to give up, especially a General. Maybe all this admin needed was discipline and structure to get out it's agenda. Something a Marine can certainly provide.
[doublepost=1501910548][/doublepost]

By nominating Kelly he definitely did take a step in the right direction. He was under no obligation to pick Kelly.
Sure. Yet, Trump is Trump. Thermopylae would be an easier task for Kelly. Can you change the habits of any 70+ year old man, especially one with his tendencies? I do wish Kelly and others luck...

darksithpro

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 27, 2016
Sure. Yet, Trump is Trump. Thermopylae would be an easier task for Kelly. Can you change the habits of any 70+ year old man, especially one with his tendencies? I do wish Kelly and others luck...
All I want is a healthy and stable Presidency, and a safe and prosperous America for all of us. I wish no ill will towards Trump and I hope none of you do either. I think it's healthy for both sides of the isle to want him to succeed, no matter how much disdain you have for him. It's not fair to say he should be reaching across party lines in congress to get things done and then at the same time berate him on a personal level. It's not healthy at all...

fitshaced

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2011
All I want is a healthy and stable Presidency, and a safe and prosperous America for all of us. I wish no ill will towards Trump and I hope none of you do either. I think it's healthy for both sides of the isle to want him to succeed, no matter how much disdain you have for him. It's not fair to say he should be reaching across party lines in congress to get things done and then at the same time berate him on a personal level. It's not healthy at all...
Mate, fair isn't in the guys thoughts. He wants what's good for Trump. He deserves nothing from the American people as he has given nothing and taken as much as he could.

Before his inauguration was the time to say 'let's hope he is a success'. Right now, he is a failure beyond repair. He needs to go.

blackfox

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2003
PDX
I don't want to be rude, but I do want to be straightforward...I think Trump is a singular bag of crap. That isn't Partisan, it's realizing that that Guy is wrecking a lot, wherever your Politics stand, by being a narcissistic idiot. What is healthy is to get a new person in the job asap, following the rule-of law. Prior to that, strictly damage-control...This should stand as a rock-bottom moment for the US Electorate to look in the mirror and get their **** together...

Reactions: sodapop1

darksithpro

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 27, 2016
Mate, fair isn't in the guys thoughts. He wants what's good for Trump. He deserves nothing from the American people as he has given nothing and taken as much as he could.

Before his inauguration was the time to say 'let's hope he is a success'. Right now, he is a failure beyond repair. He needs to go.

I don't want to be rude, but I do want to be straightforward...I think Trump is a singular bag of crap. That isn't Partisan, it's realizing that that Guy is wrecking a lot, wherever your Politics stand, by being a narcissistic idiot. What is healthy is to get a new person in the job asap, following the rule-of law. Prior to that, strictly damage-control...This should stand as a rock-bottom moment for the US Electorate to look in the mirror and get their **** together...

This is where it all ends. I try to be reasonable and you guys have already made up your minds. I made, what I thought was a positive thread that concerns people, with a little bit of optimism and it crashes into a brick wall, because your minds have already been made up. I got nothing to work with here, honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.