Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

richard371

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 1, 2008
Under settings/general/spotlight search they are all set to on. Several apps such as the watch app do not show up in the search. I have noticed this issue with every version of 9.0. I am on 9.2 beta 2 now. Will Apple ever fix this?

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
Under settings/general/spotlight search they are all set to on. Several apps such as the watch app do not show up in the search. I have noticed this issue with every version of 9.0. I am on 9.2 beta 2 now. Will Apple ever fix this?
This sounds off the wall but has worked for me the few times this happened but reset network settings and test again. I did this for other reasons and found it fixed this issue too and has worked for others. You might try it. You will have to add passwords again for WiFi networks but otherwise it not a major reset.

richard371

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 1, 2008
Thanks,

I gave it a try and it didn't work for me.

This sounds off the wall but has worked for me the few times this happened but reset network settings and test again. I did this for other reasons and found it fixed this issue too and has worked for others. You might try it. You will have to add passwords again for WiFi networks but otherwise it not a major reset.

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
Thanks,

I gave it a try and it didn't work for me.
Bummer, it was worth a shot. It has worked for me in the past as a side benefit to something else. The idea is to force a refresh of the index that identifies the available applications. Maybe a bigger reset will do it but I don't want to recommend that because the post process could be more involved. If some of the apps are basic, you could try to uninstall them and install them again and see what happens. You know, some that wont lose progress data or don't require a login you can't recall. Just to see if it helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.