Some apple news I got this morning that was better then anything in the keynote

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Schnebar, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Schnebar macrumors 6502

The macbook air is great for some people but the best news I got about apple came this morning.

In the newspaper there was an article about an Apple Store opening in Santa Barbara. On state street.

It said their rent is going to be $68,000 a month.

the ifoapplestore site does not even have this information up yet.

I am so excited. I am defiantly going to try to get a job there next semester and over the summer.

2. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

My aunt lives near santa barbara (ish), how awesome, I can give her directions to the store :D

3. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

The purpose of this thread is a bit hazy to me. Are you happy that Apple is being charged more in a month for rent than most people make in a whole year, or did you just want to inform us about how you plan to be defiant when you hit up Apple for a job?

4. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

LMFAO jesus that took me a quick second to see that! Well, it is definitely better to be defiant then it is to be definiate!
    See thread title.

6. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

hahaha, well played.

7. Schnebar thread starter macrumors 6502

The purpose is to relieve some of my excitement. Even if I do not get a job there it is still cool having an apple store in the town. The closest one now is over an hour away. And Comp USA just closed so we were almost apple-less.

An interesting that the store that is currently in the location is Pier 1 imports which is a huge store with like 3 stories. Maybe they will rent out part of it for office building or something.

Lol yeah i spelled it wrong and used the first right spelling in spell check and it was that. It was supposed to be definitely.

And cool another person from SB.

edit: just found an article about it
    http://www.macnn.com/articles/08/01/16/more.apple.retail.stores/

8. Caris macrumors 6502a

Caris

9. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

This is great news, though bad for my wallet. I live right down the street. :)

10. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

I knew what you meant, I just had to give you a bit of a hard time about it. ;) That's great, though, about the Apple store moving in. I've been lucky enough to be within driving distance from one in the last three places I've lived, so I can't imagine not having one close by. And good luck in getting a job there. The pay isn't all that great from what I've heard, but the discounts are nice and you get to tell people how great Apple is all day long!

11. Schnebar thread starter macrumors 6502

But I would be getting paid to talk people into buying macs, which I do everyday without getting paid. The discounts would be nice because I am planning on getting a macbook pro for college this summer.

And after college if I wanted to get a job with apple as in engineer I am sure it would look good on my resume having worked at the retail store as well.

If the old store in the building is having its going out of business sales now, how long would it take until Apple moves in, sets up and opens the doors? Are we talking a month or beginning of summer or like 9 months.

12. coolant113 macrumors 6502

coolant113

that is insane!! it must be pretty big i guess:apple::apple:

13. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

Once apple gets location lease signed then it normally takes 6 to 9 months to launch

14. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

Just read the article and while I'm pleased you are getting an Apple store near you and will be trying to get a job there, I'm more worried that the UK is no long part of Europe

It will be only the second official Apple store in continental Europe, according to the report.

we have 13 Apple stores in the UK and last time I checked we were still in Europe.

15. gavd macrumors 6502a

The key here is the word continental. ;)

16. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

but the UK is part of the Continent of Europe, now maybe if he had said Mainland Europe, it would have made more sense. Still, can't believe there is only one Apple store in MAINLAND Europe.

17. Bigewilson macrumors newbie

No Euro, no EuroRail, Just another diabolical island like Japan.

18. gavd macrumors 6502a

I know the UK is part of the continent of Europe but when people talk about Continental Europe they mean mainland so that excludes us. Link.

As for how many stores there are in mainland europe, that I don't know.

19. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

I never trust anything on Wiki :D

As for the number of Apple stores in mainland Europe, the apple retail site only lists one in Italy.

20. Clairex macrumors newbie

I'm still waiting for one in Vancouver to open up.. : (

21. timtam macrumors member

Santa Barbara? Nice :D, is it near Paseo Nuevo mall?

:apple:

22. qburke macrumors newbie

Too bad the store wasn't there when I was at Westmont. Maybe I would have switched to Mac earlier (just bought my first Mac online last night, 2.2 Macbook)!

23. Schnebar thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes it is on State Street. A little above Borders and Fiesta 5 movie theater. So maybe 1 or 2 blocks up from Paseo Nuevo.

Yeah I have lived in SB my whole life and finally when we get an Apple store it will open just about when I go to college.

Well it will be nice to come back to it.

24. ChrisA macrumors G4

That really is an ideal location. For those not living in So. California, There is a major university near by (UCSB) as well as a smaller community collage. It is also right in the middle of the retail district of a resort town that attracts many people from all over. Near the beach too. Housing in the areas sells for both side of $1M. Santa Barbara is the kind of place where I can't imagine many people would use PCs.