iPad mini Some crash and a bit of lag on ipad mini 3

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ElSpears, Jan 21, 2015.

1. ElSpears macrumors newbie

i'm not really a techy person and most likely, i'm just new to these kind of software, i just want to know let say i'm playing this game, specifically subway surfers, then sometimes it lags..and then there's this option that you can get this stuff by watching an ad, then when you click it, the game crash unlike before. Somethhing like that. I just want to know wether that kind of problem is a hardware or software or just the app itself? i already tried a hard reset (home and lock button) and its sort of the same. The lag though doesnt really appear as much, just a bit of dropped frames.

Also there is an app wherein i experienced a total lag on the assistive touch..like the move becomes crunchy and all..idk
    I just want to make sure so that i could have it replaced as early as now while its still under warranty. I hope someone help or get what i'm saying.
    thanks!

2. Ledgem macrumors 65816

Ledgem

If you notice issues consistently across apps or other aspects of using the device then it'd be fair to wonder if it were a hardware problem. Based on your pinpointing two specific apps, it sounds more like a software problem with those apps.

3. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

"A bit of lag"? No offense but... are you visually impaired? It is a total lag fest.

4. Royksöpp macrumors 6502

Royksöpp

You should have saved your money and went with the the mini 2. You basically paid 100 dollars more for touch id.

5. ElSpears thread starter macrumors newbie

Maybe..I don't really know #

----------

My mom bought it and basically, she was sale stalked. The seller said its kinda impossible for them to ship more mini 2 so she forced my mom to just settle the mini 3. Trust me, I didn't like it.

----------

I don't really know. If feels like normal but it there's something that is not right..like the few lags, drop frames and all..and sometimes lag fest(rarely) or do I just expect too much on the a7 #

6. sanke1 macrumors 65816

sanke1

A7 will be laggy hence forth on iOS 8 and upwards. Have you gone past your return window? You can get Air 2 instead and it does not lag or stutter like mini 3.

7. Ledgem macrumors 65816

Ledgem

Lag is a pretty subjective thing. I use an Air 2 at home (where speed and load time doesn't matter) and a Mini 2 at work (where speed and load time matters, and I'm sensitive to delays). I can't say that the Mini feels any slower to me, aside from facing application reloads more frequently due to having half the RAM (and using more applications in a shorter span of time).

Like other Mini fans, I was very much hoping that Apple would upgrade the Mini's processor and RAM in addition to adding TouchID. I didn't upgrade this year because I couldn't justify doing so over TouchID alone. Regardless, the A7 is still a good performer. Going by benchmarks, it was far ahead of its time when it was released. It is still very relevant today. Since you have it in your hand, I wouldn't be down in the Mini 3 over what it could have been. It's still an excellent tablet.

8. sanke1 macrumors 65816

sanke1

Hey I listen to Royksöpp.

:)

9. matraco macrumors regular

OP, i think you should try other app/games and see if the same problem happens.

I just updated my mini 2 to ios 8 and i dont notice any lag in any app/game so far. Bear in mind i did a full restore.