Some good Bluetooth headphone suggestions? Headphones that control podcasts & music?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by thebard, Feb 24, 2015.

1. thebard, Feb 24, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2015

thebard macrumors newbie

I had an iPhone 3GS up until a week ago. I decided to try the Galaxy S5 so I bought it. However, I’m wondering if I should go back to an iPhone because I can’t seem to figure out a way to control music and podcasts via headphones like I could on the iPhone. I've tried a couple different podcast apps and a headphone controlling app. Podcasts (and sometimes music) are a big part of my daily commute so I’d really like to have as much control as possible. I would need to exchange my S5 for an iPhone in a few days when the return period ends so I’m hoping I can get an answer pretty quickly.

What I would like to know is:

1) does the iPhone 6 still have the ability to have the following controls via headphones still?

• Podcasts: fast forward / rewind within a podcast (or jump forward/back a few seconds), volume, pause/play
    • Music: next/previous track, fast forward/rewind, volume, pause/play
    • I am open to paying for apps, or other ways if needed.

2) I have never tried Bluetooth headphones. Will all "iPhone 6 compatible" Bluetooth headphones work like the regular ear buds headphones? In other words, will they have all of these controls? (assuming iP6 has controls above)

• If you kow of specific over-ear types that work well, please let me know!

Thanks!

2. thebard thread starter macrumors newbie

Bump, anyone? Surely someone knows the answer to question 1 at least?

3. ilovegoodnugz macrumors regular

4. TheRock88 macrumors member

I dont now if you're interested in earphones, but I use the LG Tone Pro while at work and they're really good. Battery life is really good and usually lasts about 8-10 hours for me.

http://www.lg.com/us/images/cell-phone-accessories/hbs750/gallery/medium01.jpg

For podcasts, I use to prefer the default podcast app but after some recent updates, I couldnt stand it anymore and had to find another app. Current one I've been using for the past year is called Pocket Casts and has everything I've been looking for. You can customize how far or behind you want the app to skip to (I prefer 10 seconds), how far in you want the app to skip to when you start a new podcast (to avoid a beginning ad or commercial), and the interface is imo the best one I've seen so far on the app store.

For music, I use the default music app. Dont need anything fancy for that, just the ability to pause and skip.

Hope this helps