some kind of raiser, for a monitor/imac

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by scrub0bk, Mar 6, 2008.

  1. scrub0bk macrumors member

    Feb 3, 2008
    hi, im not sure what it would exactly be called, but im looking for something that can go on my flat desk that will give my imac some more height. im looking to start using logic and garage band alot more and i want to have my imac propped up higher and my keyboard almost underneath it. basically im looking for one of those things that you would use for you laptops where its on a stand but for an imac.

    if you can understand what im talkin about, anyone have any ideas on where i could find such a thing?

    thanks alot
  2. Father Jack macrumors 68020

    Father Jack

    Jan 1, 2007
    Sorry I don't what part of the world you are from, but a few years ago I had a similar problem and found the solution in a "Printer stand" from my local PC World store. The printer stand, made of metal was about 4 or 5 inches high and had two drawers for storing paper.

    It was about 15" wide (approx.)
  3. R.Youden macrumors 68020


    Apr 1, 2005
    Or you could go for something like this:


    Although it doesn't give you much high, it provides somewhere nice for your keyboard and it gives you 4 extra USB ports.


  4. scrub0bk thread starter macrumors member

    Feb 3, 2008
    thats the kinda thing im lookin for, but im lookin for something taller. ill have to check out printer racks, that sounds like a good idea.

Share This Page