Some nice pix of the Sport & SS Editions with different straps

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Azzin, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Mikes1 macrumors member

Mikes1

2. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

If someone can afford the milanese loop or link bracelet why would the buy the Sport watch?

3. DravenGSX macrumors 6502a

Because the milanese loop and link bracelets aren't going to be as expensive as some here are speculating.

You've just provided one reason why.

4. 2macORnot2mac macrumors regular

2macORnot2mac

What do think of the Space Black Steel Case, s.s. Milanese Loop band combo?

5. cleirac macrumors 6502

Why not? If I will not be able to afford the Edition, I am planning to buy both the Sport and Standard (then give one or both next year as gifts to my siblings) - one for extreme/outdoor activites and the other at work or for more formal / special occasions. I will definitely be buying the Milanese loop as alternate band with the others and as matching accessory of both watches. It will look good in all 3 models.

I am liking the link more and more each day so I might buy it, as well, along with at least 2 bands, even unseen yet in person.

6. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

We'll see. Regardless I don't understand why someone would want to mix an aluminum watch with a stainless steel band. One would assume the stainless steel bands are going to be heavier. And the aluminum watch would pair better with lighter bands.

7. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Not bad looking from a distance but up close the mismatch of standard SS hinge and Space Black case would be annoying and you'll see this everyday.

8. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

I can see why Apple isn't advertising some of these combinations!

But to each his own...

9. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

I think these look quite nice. I think that the straps look better on the stainless steel versions, but they look great on the sport version too.

10. cleirac macrumors 6502

The contrast is pretty good actually. This is what makes the entire collection up in my alley of fashion style by which I think depending on occasions or what I wear, I could mix and match any band to any model if I want/need and still aesthetically look good & most importantly, different (or has some distinction) vs. what the mainstream AW wearers have on their wrists.

11. apple.snapple macrumors regular

12. cleirac macrumors 6502

:eek:

----------

The AW print ads everywhere make really excited! So many possibilities ...

13. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

Check this website out, it lets you customize the Apple Watch with all different colors and bands!

http://mixyourwatch.com/

14. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

The black sport band with the silver aluminum Sport looks great, too bad it's not sold in that config.

The Sport with the leather loop looks really good too, because there's no metal clashing. The ones where there's aluminum up against SS, I'm not too fond of.

This gallery has made me more interested in buying different straps, especially if I get the Sport model.

15. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Don't really see your point. I don't think people buying an aluminium watch will exclusively want to use really light bands, especially if it's substantially cheaper.

Personally, if I can get a Sport watch with a nicer band for less than the SS watch will cost, I'd go down that route as I don't really want to spend absolutely loads on a gen 1 product. This is, of course, providing they look good together (which I'm 90% sure they will). I also don't think the link bracelet and Milanese loop will go for much more than $199, perhaps $249 tops. I could be wrong - but I highly, highly doubt it will be the $999 some pundits are speculating. That would be madness.

Remember, bands like the link bracelet don't really 'match' the SS watch either as it's a brushed finish vs polished, and the leather loop has no bits not to match (if that makes sense)...

16. merkava macrumors member

I prefer the matte finish of the Sport, the shiny stainless steel is a fingerprint/scratch magnet.

17. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

Really well done site. I spent a lot of time looking at all the different combinations. :cool:

18. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I wonder how much the metal bands weigh? Would it feel unbalanced if the bands weigh more than the Sports watch?

19. BD1 macrumors 6502

Agree.

If sport bands are not too much I might by silver aluminum and extra black sports band.

20. 2macORnot2mac macrumors regular

2macORnot2mac

the shiny stainless steel is a fingerprint/scratch magnet

This is my worry too. :eek:

21. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

A bigger concern is galvanic corrosion.

22. 2macORnot2mac macrumors regular

2macORnot2mac

Nice catch on the g. corrosion!
    I'd hate to have my hand fall off because of this. ;)

23. cmChimera macrumors 68040

cmChimera

My girlfriend likes the matte look.

24. troop231 macrumors 603

It's a shame there won't be a black Milanese loop to match. Hopefully in the future though!