Some of you really amaze me.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by antman2x2, Sep 14, 2013.

1. antman2x2 macrumors 6502a

We know the cycle now.

Its Phone, Phone(S), Phone, Phone(S).

(S) being smaller incremental features and upgrades to the previous model.

What amazes me is that EVERY SINGLE TIME an (S) is released people complain and make hundreds of threads about the (S) phone being "unintuitive" and that apple is running out of ideas.

When will some of you realize this is the cycle? Even major news networks and websites are running pages that question apples ability to innovate all because the (S) phone only comes with one cool new feature and the same design.

Just felt like I had to voice my opinion. Thanks for listening and hopefully what im saying here makes sense. Its almost like people act surprised and upset that the (S) phone is just a spec upgrade, meanwhile we've seen this twice already.

Anyway have a good day!

2. Mrbobb macrumors 601

People are upset because the competitions seem to have a 9 month cycle, regardless of whether the new features are useful or not, people want to hear them, they want to argue about them, they want to tell their friends, look I got this new thing!

Vs Apple's really 2 years cycle.

Hence the gripe. You just have to ignore the posts.

3. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

And each year, people complain about the people who complain about the S upgrades. :D

4. antman2x2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hahaha. Ok you got me there! :p

5. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Is because the sheep have to drink the hatorade to be hip.

6. dojoman macrumors 65816

Wait until next year Apple releases iphone 6 with 4.5" and people would be complaining only new feature is bigger screen, Galaxy s5 has more features blah blah.

7. Altis macrumors 68000

People just want more cool stuff to geek out over (come on, that's why we all hang out here)!

This time round there really isn't a whole lot to talk about. I love the idea of a larger sensor for the camera, more than anything.

I think the touch-ID is impressive, but it's a set-up-once-and-forget feature. So, you won't really be all too excited by it for long.

64-bit is also not exciting to most. It's like when cars added electronic brake-force distribution... technically great, but nobody cared :p

8. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

But like Apple have said themselves, Touch ID is meant to be something that you don't think about, it's not meant to be exciting, it's meant to be convenient, which it is.

9. Kissaragi macrumors 68020

And now your complaining about the complaining about the complaining!

I guess im now complaining about the compla.... *shuts up quickly before this all gets out of hand*

10. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

11. ABC5S macrumors 68040

Just that you should know OP, Apple has sold millions upon millions of these iPhones, and just a few post negative rants here, and they think that they are in the majority, and want something that Apples business model based on a number of factors is different than theirs. Than they complain again. It dies down a bit until next year, and it ramps up again.

Would be interesting to know the actual ages of these that complain, but that won't happen. ;)

12. neoelectronaut macrumors 68030

neoelectronaut

I personally don't understand why grown adults are acting like children: My toy is shinier than your toy. Nu-uh! Mine is shinier!

13. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

So we realize that the S cycle has been going on for what 6 years now? I don't think it's unreasonable to expect apple to produce a more random upgrade schedule.

But as long as we all keep buying them, and apple is one of the world's richest companies ever, they can operate however they please.

It's okay for us to disagree. It's oka for us to post on the forum. Most of us have fun on here. We come here to get away from the day's distractions and just bicker over silly things just because we can. Macrumors likes lots of site traffic, we like to debate and argue and post about silly things. It's a win-win.

14. Slicktype macrumors 6502

Slicktype

Very good point !!!. I too am baffled when ppl start complaining on weaknesses and missed extras etc that the newest model should of could have had. It's absolutely amazing !!!!. But then again, there are always going to be complainers and ppl that are extremely content Xbox happy. No way around it! It's just a fact ..,,

15. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

If Apple does this, I will get an Apple tattoo.

16. Alith macrumors 6502

The innovation needs to come from the app developers at this point.

This will be the first year that I'm not upgrading my iPhone because I don't feel a need to. All the other 'S' iterations have been necessary but my iPhone 5 has always been blisteringly fast. The 5S is twice as fast again.

I am looking forward to an A7 chip inside an iPad though.

17. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

18. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

What amazes me is the fact you're so amazed by a phenomenon as predictable as the sun rising.

19. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Yeah next year I am seriously not coming here during the iPhone upgrade season (unless what I hear about the 6 makes me willing to upgrade my dumbphone line and take another data plan for an extra $20 hit on my contract).

The upgrade season can be fun if you're actually going to upgrade, but if not then the forums are not as much fun as they usually are. Too overrun by brand ideologues. And you'd think the issue at hand was something of tremendous import, like whether to divert water from this river to that state or lock it behind that dam. But no, we're lobbing stones at each other over whether cases should ever have polkadots and whether going from a 4S to a 5C is a worthy human endeavor. :confused: :rolleyes: :D We.Be.Crazy.

20. billycuth macrumors 6502a

21. gemnilocs macrumors 6502

gemnilocs

I was thinking the same thing when I was reading an article on CNN.... incremental changes for the "S" version but EVERYTIME folks complain....just makes me shake my head.

22. Mrg02d macrumors 65816

Attached Files:

23. jigzaw macrumors 6502

I disagree that the S is a smaller incremental upgrade. Seems to me that the S models have been huge improvements over the mostly cosmetic upgrade of the "number" models that people seem so hung up on. I was thrilled with the 4S but found the 5 to be not much different except cosmetically. Likewise the 5S is looking to me like a brilliant upgrade. Glad I'm on the S-cycle on my contract.

I think the fingerprint scanner is going to be enormous once it comes into daily use. Samsung has nothing on this thing. I'm no apple fanboy but my galaxy-bearing friends are making fools of themselves when they harass me about liking the iPhone because the screen is smaller or it doesn't have a laggy buggy air-swipe thingy.

24. darster Suspended

[​IMG]