Some on Mueller’s Team Say Report Was More Damaging Than Barr Revealed

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by eatrains, Apr 4, 2019.

1. eatrains macrumors 6502

2. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

The meat of this report will be released eventually and it likely won't be THAT damning for Trump so I don't get why they are pushing back so heavily. Democrats are taking the right path here, making formal requests, letting the WH stonewall and then issuing the subpoenas accordingly, while Republicans are foaming at the mouth with anger right now, Dems are actually being procedural about it all.

3. pl1984 macrumors 68020

I haven't seen a single Republican in Congress come out against the reports release. Can you cite a credible source?

4. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

Why are the Democrats in such a hurry to get the report now?!? It's been years, and the Justice Department has to take out classified info, Grand Jury ect. 2-4 weeks at most.

Why? Because they want to showboat false outrage that Republicans are trying to hide something, when in fact they are not. Most Republicans want it out because it shows the American public what a farce the Trump/Russian narrative really is about.

5. LordVic macrumors 603

I would like to commend that this comment is very non-partisan. and needs to be remembered

Congress voted 420 in FAVOUR of releasing the document.

the question is. Why are there certain actors who are dead set against releasing it in any form. That starts to make it extremely suspicious on those parties who are defying the will of the house and the electorate, in what could only be guessed as their own best interest.

McConnell needs to be subpeona'd to testify why he's blocking the release, despite even republican support for it's release.

6. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

I don't think that is anywhere necessary. We don't need to subpoena every time a disagreement comes out. My initial take it was to block Schumer's wanting an immediate full unredacted release to the public before it goes to the Justice Department to take out confidential material, grand jury stuff.

7. LordVic macrumors 603

Could be. we'll have to see how it pans out in the long term. I'm not sure that just releasing the full report without ensuring the safety/security of people and the country due to possibility of secure/sensitive data is a good idea.

But at the same time, having partisan people in charge of the redaction and what gets released is only going to be suspect.

Is there a 3rd party, non-partisan entity that would be trusted to take care of that in the US?

8. pl1984 macrumors 68020

It was my understanding Robert Mueller himself is involved. It's further my understanding the AG is not doing this in a vacuum but rather reaching out to the intelligence community, prosecutors (who may / are investigating other crimes identified during the investigation), etc. The Democrats act as if Barr himself is the only one going through the document.

I'm still confused as to why the Democrats really care about the details of the report since the conclusion is there was no collusion. Is that what's important?

9. LordVic macrumors 603

im not going to argue with you yet again repeating the same thing over and over again that you completely fail to either accept, or aknowledge about why Barr's summary has raised more questions than it answered.

your free to go back and re-read those, but something tells me you don't care about any opinion other than the narrative you've already crafted for yourself.

10. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

No need to be sarcastic. Democrats (and Independents and even some fair-minded Republcians) want to see the full report because of reports like this, from NBC News:

“Mueller team members say it includes detailed accounts of Trump campaign contacts with Russia. While Mueller found no coordination or criminal conspiracy, the official said, some team members say his findings paint a picture of a campaign whose members were manipulated by a sophisticated Russian intelligence operation.“

Of course, you don’t have to have read the report to know that information like that would be in it. You just had to read the dozens of public court filings Mueller and his team have already made.

11. raqball macrumors 68000

I really don't understand Trumps victory laps.. Sure maybe talk about no collusion a little but I have zero doubt there will be damning info in the full report.

I mean Mueller's team was loaded with ant-Trump pro Clinton members. Does anyone honestly think they'd completely exonerate Trump?

Additionally, Mueller not addressing obstruction is a copout in my opinion. The man spent 2 years with the full power of the US government and could conclude one way or the other? BS!

That was left unresolved as a bone to the (D) and a nod to his buddy Comey is my best guess.....

12. NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

Anyone with half a brain will understand the report likely outlines the many business fraud activities that Trump has been involved in for decades. His organization has been a glorified money laundering operation for countries, and the rich and powerful here in America. Hence why no one really hit on that during his election. Too many “good guys” will be exposed. Better to just ratchet up the odds of war with a nuclear power than to expose how interconnected American corruption really is...

13. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

Because It's his job? Are we going to squabble over every report that comes out of the Justice Department now? If you have qualms over Fuller is competent enough to do his position, then let's talk about that.

14. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

This is precisely why Trump has been making a big deal about the Barr whitewash of the Mueller report. He knows that if he repeats a lie (like the totally false claim that Mueller’s team was a bunch of pro-Clinton, Trump haters) frequently enough, gullible people will believe it.

15. raqball macrumors 68000

I thought they trusted the DOJ and called out Trump every time he said anything negative about them.... Oh wait, we are riding that liberal merry-go-round again... Dizzy, dizzy, dizzy..... :D

16. pl1984 macrumors 68020

Yet here you are, go figure.

Barr released a summary. No one, except perhaps the Democrats, are representing it as anything but a summary. What's important is the message of the summary: No collusion. Period.

17. raqball macrumors 68000

I trust Barr... The man has lived a life of honorable service and you think he'd risk that by supporting Trump with blatant lies? I don't, sorry.....

18. pl1984 macrumors 68020

Possibly so. However that doesn't change the fact the report concluded no collusion.

19. Dmunjal macrumors 65816

Those are all real issues but not related to the election or Russian interference.

The House and SDNY will handle those issues.

The fact remains that Mueller found no collusion and no related indictments.

Democrats are wasting their time on this one, IMO.

20. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

I there was really fraud, charges would of been filed, which includes the fact the didn't talk about indicting a sitting president.

21. Dmunjal macrumors 65816

And Mueller would have stepped in by now if the summary was opposite of his findings.

22. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Uh, you are aware that this is a thread discussing multiple articles in which Mueller team members have complained that the Barr summary whitewashed their findings, right?

23. Dmunjal macrumors 65816

Yes, I already replied earlier to that point with a tweet by Glenn Greenwald pointing out how ridiculous those complaints are.

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1113591155902615552?s=19

24. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

It’s silly for anyone who hasn’t actually read the report to argue that these complaints are ridiculous.