Some on Mueller’s Team Say Report Was More Damaging Than Barr Revealed

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by eatrains, Apr 4, 2019.

1. LizKat, May 6, 2019
    Last edited: May 6, 2019

LizKat macrumors 603

LizKat

Where were they? Making a prosecutorial decision.

I didn't say and those 370+ federal prosecutors didn't say they always prosecuted a case that the evidence could support. There are pros and cons, and Mueller lined them both up in the matter of documenting Trump's behavior.

Sure he left the door open for an impeachment inquiry. And why not? Not rising to level of a sure fire drop dead criminal case doesn't mean it's not impeachable. Mueller didn't exonerate Trump because the evidence Mueller rounded up didn't exonerate him.

The 370+ former prosecutors --in my view-- are trying to educate the public about the fact that what Trump did flouted the law and only flies because he is a sitting President and because according to DoJ guideline and the precedent, we don't indict a sitting President.

The alternative is to present and try an impeachment if it's the will of the people.

Barr was saying something else before releasing the report. He was saying --and selling the idea-- that the President didn't do anything wrong. WTF. Clearly not the case.

Barr would have done better just to say he had received the report and it would take a week to redact it and it would be issued when ready. Take a chance on leaks. Mueller's shop never leaked: he did make statements to correct wrong impressions a few times. [EDIT: one statement, one time... regarding info in a Buzzfeed piece.] Any leaks of the report he submitted to Barr would have been from Barr or Rosenstein. Barr decided to "handle it" not with a leak but by deliberate misinterpretation advertised ahead of releasing the report.

Very poor judgment on the part of Mr. Barr. He looks like the lackey he has let himself become. Rosenstein played his distancing hand far better, including his plausibly straightfaced remarks in his resignation note submitted to the President. Whoooosh!

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I think it was only once, with a Buzzfeed article.

3. LizKat macrumors 603

LizKat

I'm gonna take your word for it. :)