Some on Mueller’s Team Say Report Was More Damaging Than Barr Revealed

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by eatrains, Apr 4, 2019.

1. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

What does “move on” mean? Just because the Republicans in the Senate don’t have backbones necessary to put their country ahead of their party doesn’t mean that we should sweep everything Mueller uncovered under the rug.

2. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

If you have credible evidence that has happened by a person who's come forward. Please put it on the table.

Till then...snooze.

3. Dmunjal macrumors 65816

Move on from the Russian collusion story. Let's hear more about his financial dealings prior to the election or even his tax returns.

Republican backbone? Where is the impeachable offense? "Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors."

If any of those existed, Mueller would have said so or at least refuted Barr's summary.

4. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

If he were to be impeached for anything less then an actual crime that will really open the door for every president to be impeached if the opposing party has enough power in congress. Talk about a slippery slope.

5. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

Normal person "on a clear day the sky is blue"

Republican "prove it or snooze"

There is simply no rational discussion to be had with this logic.

6. Dmunjal macrumors 65816

If the House actually impeached, I would bet that all Republican Senators would acquit and even Democratic Senators up for reelection in 2020 would also vote to acquit. About 12 seats are up on the Democratic side.

Vote would be 65-35 against removal. Would be very embarrassing to Democrats and ensure Trump's reelection.

7. Dmunjal macrumors 65816

Impeachment is a court proceeding like anything else. Touchy Feely doesn't work.

8. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

I agree with this as well, if he can't be prosecuted decisively the entire impeachment battle is a waste of time and won't go anywhere. I don't think anyone expects this for Trump, but we do deserve to see the full report. Let him take his lumps and move on.

9. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

Yeah, that pesky evidence thing really gets in the way, doesn't it?
    --- Post Merged, Apr 4, 2019 ---
    Already has since he was a Presidential candidate. It's really time to move on.

10. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

Pesky indeed.

Trump: Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

Bush: Whatever you want.

Trump: Grab ’em by the *****. You can do anything.

The 23 women who have accused Trump of sexual misconduct

These facts are for reference to those reading. Trump supporters, keep on kidding yourselves that this isn't real. Trump never said this, these women are all lying, yada yada yada

11. NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

I’ve been saying the Russian ******** was just that since the very first “assessment” came out. Those posts are somewhere in this forum.

12. Dmunjal macrumors 65816

This was put out BEFORE the election and he won anyway.

Try again. Better this time.

13. NT1440, Apr 4, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2019

NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

I agree fully, and have been saying so the entire time. This was a geopolitical play to pound it into America’s head that Russia is the new world enemy. The military’s change to a footing of “great power conflict” instead of the gwot gave that away officially months ago.

Lionizing the murderous agencies of the CIA and FBI should have given people a hint that this was never about Trump.

We ratcheted up tensions with Russia and used the pretext to allow the scrapping of critically important arms treaties. Two minutes to midnight. We haven’t begun to see the true consequences of this farce, but I’m fairly certain that if the Dems choose another corporate/military stooge they’ve bought themselves 4 more years of the crook in office.

14. Dmunjal macrumors 65816

I sat in absolute amazement that the same Democrats who accused the intelligence community of lying about WMDs say we should lionize the intelligence community today.

15. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

Sorry, have we not "moved on" quickly enough for you? Strap in, the fact that it happened before the election doesn't make him any less of a sexual predator. It will ALWAYS haunt him and from the sounds of it, his defenders will always condone it.

16. Dmunjal macrumors 65816

We're talking politics here. This issue didn't hurt him in 2016 and won't hurt him in 2020.

17. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

Yeah, no point in even bothering with the election.

18. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Mueller was not charged with determining whether Trump committed any impeachable offenses. That’s a decision for Congress to make, not a special prosecutor.

And, in any event, Mueller has already discovered more abuses of power and the public trust by trump that warrant impeachment. The mere fact that he was involved in secret business negotiations within the Russians at the same time that the Russians were committing felonies on his behalf (that his campaign knew about and encouraged) and then covered it up should be grounds for impeachment.

19. Dmunjal macrumors 65816

That's not what I said. I said this issue won't affect him. New issues could of course.

20. NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

It was a clear tell, and people bought it instead of holding the party to account for losing the easiest election in history. So not only did we get Trump, we got a frighteningly more dangerous world out of it to boot. It’s going to take decades to repair the damage to relations this caused.

Hate Putin all you want, Russia is the second largest nuclear power on the planet, we HAVE to cooperate or we can invite disaster on a scale the world has never seen.

Hell, we should ALL be clamoring for a major nuclear disarmament agreement to finally rid the world of these ******** weapons that can end the world dozens of times over.

21. Dmunjal macrumors 65816

The whole point of the investigation was to identify something serious that a Republican Senate would convict on. Something like what happened with Nixon. This didn't happen.

Even most progressives aren't buying the collusion story and never did.

22. Dmunjal macrumors 65816

This makes no sense.

Trump has business dealings with Russian businessmen. How does that automatically mean that it is related to the Russians that hacked the emails? That they are related to Putin?

There are millions of Americans who do big business with Russia. We are not at war with Russia.

23. Adam Warlock macrumors regular

Adam Warlock

Hello? Earth to RichardMZhlubb! Hello? Hillary didn't lose the 2016 election because Trump or his team were dupes of shadowy Russian agents; she lost because nobody likes her, nobody trusts her and she didn't even bother doing the legwork her own team advised her to do. End of story.

24. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

That’s completely irrelevant.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 4, 2019 ---
    Trump specifically had his people working on the Moscow business project (Cohen and Sater) reach out to the Russian government for assistance with the project. The biggest problem is not that he had business deals in Russia. It’s that he tried to get the Russian government to help him close his business deals in Russia, the same Russian government that committed dozens of crimes on his behalf.

25. Dmunjal macrumors 65816

It is relevant when you think about how the DNC wanted to take the spotlight off of Hillary's failures and onto Trump winning illegally.

Makes you wonder why they chose Russia when they could have said he colluded with Saudi Arabia or Israel (actually true when you look at behavior). The problem with that approach is that Democrats are also in bed with those countries.