Some on Mueller’s Team Say Report Was More Damaging Than Barr Revealed

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by eatrains, Apr 4, 2019.

1. NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

Listen to yourself. Wtf does “attacks on our election” mean? Some goddamn memes, most of which were run AFTER the election, which no one seems to bother mentioning.

This is exactly what I’ve been talking about. We just had two years of war drums pounded into our heads. You remember that disgusting period where we had pundits and actual elected positions calling this **** the equivalent of a digital Pearl Harbor or 9/11? Wake. Up. To. What. That. Means.

These *******s would rather drive us to a goddamn war than admit that America isn’t some place of rainbows and sunshine where there’s no way in hell the public is so disillusioned that the election was within stealing distance. The electoral college and blatant voter suppression are why Trump is in office. Period.

2. LordVic macrumors 603

your link doesn't say what you think it says.

the Snopes link says nothing about it being earned while in office, but post holding office.

Most of the money that Clintons and Obamas have made were post office, as private citizens engaged in marketing themselves based on their presidency. Not using the presidencies power while in office to gain or benefit from the wielding of power.

3. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

The only thing cartoonish here is the laughable exaggeration of America’s perception of Putin and Russia, I mean it’s roadrunner worthy.

Fact: they DID interfere with the 2026 election. The only people who don’t believe this are rabid Trump supporters with blinders in.

Republicans at one time considered Putin and Russia the enemy. All it took for you guys to start defending them was Trump getting in bed with them.

The amount of party principals that the Republicans have literally did a 180 on in the name of Trump is truly baffling.

4. Dmunjal macrumors 65816

Forbes has some more details while Obama was in office.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danale...made-20-million-since-arriving-in-washington/

I do think Trump's net worth dropping while in office is accurate. Despite a major bull market in real estate.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/02/trump-forbes-400-spot-tumbles-as-net-worth-declines.html

5. Dmunjal macrumors 65816

I'm not a Republican and I voted for Obama. But I still favor a more friendly role with the only other major nuclear power in the world.

I throught peace loving liberals did too?

6. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

While I don't agree fully with the reasons why he won, well said. I dont think voter suppression or illegal immigration voters made much difference.

I dont think most think Putins running the U.S. which is radical thinking at best.

7. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

You may have but Republicans freaked when Obama took a soft-line with our enemies, although I was with them during those times and thought he needed to be tougher as well.

8. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

https://thinkprogress.org/house-rep...tion-to-subpoena-mueller-report-8f5a9ca71d57/

Explain then?

Seems they voted but then don’t want to actually do it, probably knowing full well the senate would block any request.....it’s all about the political aspect of being able to vote for the release but then act against it still when it counts.

9. NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

Wow, did you just call me a Trump supporter? You’ve seen me on here for years and you think I’m a friggin republican?

10. LordVic macrumors 603

Forbes article was interesting, but still reinforces the point that most of the book money and deals wasn't fully earned till post office. he even had a deal to not publish non-fiction work while president.

And the clintons apparently left the office in debt and earned virtually everything post presidency.

What I find interesting is the numbers from Trump losing money. Whose making all that Mar-a-Lago money that the president is visitng regularly (this isn't denied), where they've spent millions in? or the businesses he's still running with his name on it? Someones making some nice money off Trump's presidency, and it doesn't even appear to be Trump according to that infographic.

11. Dmunjal macrumors 65816

12. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

Not sure about that but on this issue it sounds like you are on the same side, verbosely.

13. NT1440, Apr 4, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2019

NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

I find Bernie to be my choice because he’s my COMPROMISE on how hard left the country needs to turn to be redeemable. Good grief the American Overton window is hopelessly stuck to the right. This is what a democrat thinks of someone who thoroughly distrusts the intelligence apparatus?

I’m worried about real problems for our country and the world, the runaway chokehold that capitalism has on the planet that is seeming more and more like a death cult given how close we are to the precipice with climate change. How the f does that land me anywhere near a Republican, a party which is irredeemable and has only slightly more blood on its hands than the Democratic Party? I get that you’re a middle of the road Democrat, but good lord there are those of us that go far further left than you can comprehend. Part of that is recognizing empire and all its machinations.

14. Dmunjal macrumors 65816

Speaking as someone who can support Tulsi Gabbard and Rand Paul at the same time, it's not as simple as left and right anymore.

It's one flavor of populism vs the establishment elite.

Steve Bannon was right.

15. NT1440, Apr 4, 2019

NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

Steve Bannon is a ghoulish man, but yes there is far more than left and right. I’ve been finding it hard to discuss anything but the narrowest slice of politics with people anymore, it’s like there is only a small zone of concern you can have (which falls squarely within the constraints of what our capitalist system allows for, how strange...) before suddenly you’re nuts for having an extremely low opinion of both Trump and Obama.

We’re in the death throws of our empire, the last 20 years of foreign policy (largely the same regardless of party in power) has made that more and more clear as we turn away from the evils we inflict on the planet. Millions dead, war crimes left and right, assassinations of innocents without a second thought and not even bothering to know who they are (“signature strikes”). It’s all extremely dark to know of these things and see the public proudly support our military no matter what it does. Where even taking a knee for the anthem to protest our DOMESTIC problems are seen as an assault on our precious precious troops whom are tasked with maintaining a military and economic machine via bombs and bloodshed. It’s sickening.

16. Dmunjal macrumors 65816

He may be but he was right about this point.

17. NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

I’m sorry but without more context I don’t know what you’re referring to. I’ve been watching him build up fascist in places like Hungry (to spring to power during the next looming major economic crash) but I never pay attention to anything he actually says.

18. Dmunjal macrumors 65816

I was referring to the statement he made during the Munk debate.

https://www.munkdebates.com/The-Debates/The-Rise-of-Populism

http://arielsheen.com/index.php/2018/11/12/why-steve-bannon-beat-david-frum-in-the-munk-debates/

His point is populism is going to win. Either the right wing version (Trump) or the left wing version (Sanders). The elite are in retreat.

19. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

I find it funny how everyone who tries to downplay the seriousness of the Russian attacks on the election focuses entirely on the social media disinformation campaign and ignores the theft and dissemination of DNC and Clinton campaign emails and data. The Russian attacks were more significant and more serious than anything even attempted by the Nixon campaign in Watergate. And as I have said, the reason Trump won and the seriousness of the Russian attacks and Trump’s complicity are two entirely separate issues.

20. NT1440, Apr 4, 2019

NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

This is an honest question because I get the emails mixed up. Are we talking hillary’s Emails or the DNC ones where Podesta gave away his password (which was moronically something like “password1”)?

Regarding the “hack”, I have deeply technical reasons for not trusting the official narrative of that whole topic, especially given the shady characters on all sides. Reputable sources such as VIPS (who have been right going back to the Bush era and would know given its members are some of the designers of our intelligence agencies technology) point to it actually being a leak, but I don’t want to get into hours of unpacking these narratives tonight.

I also don’t understand how your run of the mill daily spook tactics aren’t considered the every day offense that they are. Wtf do you guys thing the alphabet soup agencies are doing?

21. Dmunjal macrumors 65816

I'm glad the Russians (or Wikileaks) hacked the Podesta/DNC emails.

How else would we know that Hillary colluded with the DNC to rig the primary against Bernie?

Not a single point in those emails has been refuted.

Putin and/or Assange should get the Pulitzer for that.

22. Knight3 Suspended

People care about the full report cuz the Mueller team disagrees with how Barr summarized a 400 page report into a <4 page summary. If the Special Counsel disagrees with how the AG makes it out to be then it calls for more.
    Due process with all the facts. As simple as that.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 4, 2019 ---
    If you're taking the side of a foreign adversary against your own country when it hurts your fellow citizens, it's textbook definition for Treason(at least the thought process).

23. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

It will be released this month and I'm sure people will be arguing over the redactions next.

I'm very doubtful that Barr will lie about anything since the report will either confirm or deny what he said.

24. Dmunjal macrumors 65816

Mueller is not disagreeing with Barr. Someone in his organization is and we know there are plenty of Clinton cronies so no surprise there.

Journalism has no borders.

Assange has yet to identify his source. Gucifer claims responsibility but has no ties to Putin.

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/aek7ea/dnc-hacker-guccifer-20-interview

25. Knight3 Suspended

If something that big is happening in Russia., it's never without Putin's approval. Everyone knows that.