Some on Mueller’s Team Say Report Was More Damaging Than Barr Revealed

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
If you're taking the side of a foreign adversary against your own country when it hurts your fellow citizens, it's textbook definition for Treason(at least the thought process).
The irony of using “textbook” in relation to a charge of treason when completely ignoring that you’d have to “technically” be at war with a designated enemy for that charge to even be applicable.

Maybe we should learn something from the Ellsberg’s, Pilgers, Hersh’s, and Hedges of the world, people who make power uncomfortable rather than talking heads who’d rather attend galas with them then report the “news” of the world.

RichardMZhlubb

Contributor
Nov 26, 2010
Washington, DC
I'm glad the Russians (or Wikileaks) hacked the Podesta/DNC emails.

How else would we know that Hillary colluded with the DNC to rig the primary against Bernie?

Not a single point in those emails has been refuted.

Putin and/or Assange should get the Pulitzer for that.
So, do you think that we should have judged Nixon’s culpability for Watergate based on what information they might have uncovered if the bugging of the DNC offices had been successful? You think it’s OK to steal things from your political opponents if it makes them look bad?

Reactions: Night Spring

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
Everyone? Your expertise on Russian politics or something you heard in MSNBC?
This is exactly the cartoonish narrative I was referring to earlier in this thread. Amazing to see happen in front of your eyes even after calling it out earlier.

Knight3

Suspended
Oct 19, 2018
Mueller is not disagreeing with Barr. Someone in his organization is and we know there are plenty of Clinton cronies so no surprise there.

Journalism has no borders.

Assange has yet to identify his source. Gucifer claims responsibility but has no ties to Putin.

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/aek7ea/dnc-hacker-guccifer-20-interview
Mueller is too much of a stickler for hierarchy to come out and outright disagree with the AG.

Hacking into someone else's personal account isn't journalism. It's Ethics 101.

Dmunjal

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2010
So, do you think that we should have judged Nixon’s culpability for Watergate based on what information they might have uncovered if the bugging of the DNC offices had been successful? You think it’s OK to steal things from your political opponents if it makes them look bad?
How's that different from whistleblowing?

Snowden is a traitor in your opinion. He's a hero in my opinion.

Reactions: Rhonindk

Plutonius

macrumors 604
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
People care about the full report cuz the Mueller team disagrees with how Barr summarized a 400 page report into a <4 page summary.
Not everyone on the Mueller team liked Trump and I'm pretty sure that we would have heard from Mueller himself if Barr was not being honest.

When the Democrats get the report this month, they will complain that the redactions are hiding all the collusion evidence. They will then deny what's written in the complete report and ask for all the supporting documents so they can keep the investigation going.

Dmunjal

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2010
Mueller is too much of a stickler for hierarchy to come out and outright disagree with the AG.

But he did come out and refute BuzzFeed. That's a precedent.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
If it was Trump’s campaign that stole the data, sure that’s bad.

Too bad that’s not what happened.

Knight3

Suspended
Oct 19, 2018
The irony of using “textbook” in relation to a charge of treason when completely ignoring that you’d have to “technically” be at war with a designated enemy for that charge to even be applicable.
You don't have to have a nuke aimed at you to consider a country an adversary. Cyber attacks will do just fine. Or maybe you should talk to Maria Butina for a lesson?

Dmunjal

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2010

Wikileaks didn't hack the DNC. Someone else did and provided the data to Wikileaks. They published it.

No different than Deep Throat and the Post.

Dmunjal

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2010
You don't have to have a nuke aimed at you to consider a country an adversary. Cyber attacks will do just fine. Or maybe you should talk to Maria Butina for a lesson?
If they are such an adversary, why are we selling them uranium?

Knight3

Suspended
Oct 19, 2018
Not everyone on the Mueller team liked Trump and I'm pretty sure that we would have heard from Mueller himself if Barr was not being honest.

When the Democrats get the report this month, they will complain that the redactions are hiding all the collusion evidence. They will then deny what's written in the complete report and ask for all the supporting documents so they can keep the investigation going.
There's an article, I guess from Politico, that says the Congress is entitled to a full, unredacted report.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
Listen, I’m not the one that made a “textbook” claim and ignored the *technical* definition that you’d find in such a textbook.

You can’t use a legal term then ignore the legal foundation it has to be built upon. America is not officially at war with Russia, so who is the official enemy that is being abetted by such treason?

Just admit you used a rhetorical flourish that was self defeating and move on, that’s all I was getting at man.

Knight3

Suspended
Oct 19, 2018
Wikileaks didn't hack the DNC. Someone else did and provided the data to Wikileaks. They published it.

No different than Deep Throat and the Post.
Do you have a credible source proving it wasn't Russia who hacked the emails?

Knight3

Suspended
Oct 19, 2018
Listen, I’m not the one that made a “textbook” claim and ignored the *technical* definition that you’d find in such a textbook.

You can’t use a legal term then ignore the legal foundation it has to be built upon. America is not officially at war with Russia, so who is the official enemy that is being abetted by such treason?

Just admit you used a rhetorical flourish that was self defeating and move on, that’s all I was getting at man.
Maybe your textbook was from the 1800s.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
Do you have a credible source proving it wasn't Russia who hacked the emails?
I’d like to see *evidence* rather than assertions that it was Russians. That’s not how our precious rule of law is supposed to operate remember? Unless of course we’re aware that it’s a new red scare era.